Chapter five: Accident on the ramp

Start from the beginning

“Hello?”

Hello, Sydney...” A gruff, baleful voice, whispered my name spitefully. The voice sounded unreal, like the person is using a voice changer app or something. I mentally rolled my eyes. I bet it's Cole trying to copy the psycho killer in the movie, The Scream. He even used another number just to scare me. What an imbecile and bothersome guy who lacks attention.

“You know what, Cole, if you wanna scare me, try something new and not copy something from the movie. You're such a lowly copycat!”

Cole? Is that the guy you're fucking?” The voice sounded disgusted.

“Stop this nonsense, Cole!” I'm getting irritated already. “This is childish!”

Don't call me with the name of the guy you're fucking, Sydney. You disgust me! A bitch like you should die!” The voice yelled menacingly and then I heard the beep sound as the call ended. I was left speechless and aghast. Was it Cole? I don't think it's him. I was walking like a zombie into the parking area in the basement of High Society when two big hands grabbed my shoulders. I screamed in panic and kicked the stranger. I ran away as soon as his hold loosen but the stranger was quick. He grabbed me by the waist, ceasing me to escape.

“Ugh! Heeeeeelp!” I screamed, but my mouth was covered with a rough hand, sealing my voice.

“Hey. Quit it, Syd! You're acting crazy!” I heard Cole's angry voice. I stopped screaming and turned to face him.

“Cole?”

“Yeah. Who do you think?” He mocked in irritation, but his face softened when he saw my pale face.

“Hey, are you OK? You look pale. What happened?” He raised his hand to touch my face, but I moved away, still freaked out.

“W-what are you doing here?” I stuttered.

“Baby, what's wrong? Tell me...” He didn't wait for my answer and hugged me. I didn't push him away not because I don't have the strength, but because I oddly felt secure in his arms.

“Why are you here?” I asked again. This is a private building and Cole doesn't look like he has an appointment here. Is he following me? Maybe it's him who did that prank call to scare me since he hate me for getting him suspended. I pushed him with that thought, but Cole didn't let me go.

“Your mom's assistant contacted me earlier and offered me a job.” He explained nonchalantly, still holding me in his arms. “I sent you a message earlier. Didn't you receive it?”

“What job?” I asked, ignoring his question. I got curious about the job he's talking about and felt my nerves simmering down.

“A modeling job.” He uttered, amused with the idea.