eighteen || real life

june 6th 2018
__________

"i have a question," tom mumbled, laid in lainey's bed as he watched her move about the room, her cat perched atop his chest.

"yes?"

"does he like dogs?"

"does who like dogs? him?" lainey stopped, her brow raised as she pointed at the furball. tom nod his head, continuing to pet the cat. "he doesn't not like them,"

"i guess he's never really been around too many, but the friend who looks after him whilst i'm away has one.. why?"

"i just.. wanted to make sure he'd get along with bobby,"

lainey frowned. "why would he need to.. oh,"

tom sat up properly, causing the cat to run away, a smile on his face.

"are you.. are you sure?" she asked, sitting on the end of the bed, tucking her hair behind her ear.

he nod. "of course, i mean, we practically live together anyway,"

"why not make it more.. practical?"

she sat there thinking before nodding, beginning to smile. "okay,"

"yeah?"

she beamed. "yeah,"

he grinned, lurching forward to grab her, pulling her into his body as they laid back. he wrapped his arms around her tightly, to prevent her escape, laughs coming from the both of them.

"i can't believe we're going to live together," lainey mumbled a while after they stopped, resting her face on tom's chest. "i guess.. in a way, we already do,"

"and your bed is way comfier than mine.. so that's easily a plus,"

tom chuckled. "you're only moving in with me for my bed.. aren't you?"

"well..."

__________

a/n;
this was kind of a filler bc the next chapter is big hehe