Chapter 5: The Jedi Home Front

Start from the beginning

It took him a while for the computer to figure out the simple word of 'map' but after clicking on something called 'basic' he was able to get the damn thing to turn all the screwed up letters to actual English and look for what he wanted. Only what he wanted was a map of the world. What he got was something completely different. In front of Nate was a map alright, but of space! And the map formed all around him as if it were a hologram! 'Again! With the sci fi themes!' he thought as he looked around in awe. There was a glowing orb in front of him with a glowing red word above it labeled 'Corasant' in clear English. He looked around and found another orb that was labeled 'Naboo' and another that said 'Kamino'. He quickly realized after looking at more that these were planets! The way that small orbs appeared to orbit the big orbs, he figured out that they were planets and the small orbs were stars! Nate got wide eyed at the thought of actually being on another planet so on the desk he typed on the glass, that now showed clear English letters surprisingly, typing to find a planet called 'Earth'. He was shocked and somewhat horrified when the hologram on the desk just replied after a few seconds with 'No Data available'.

He leaned back in his chair and rubbed his temples... 'ha, ha. Cute...' he started to chuckle to himself. He heard what sounded like a giant door open. His head shot right and found the Giant ass door at the end of the hall start to open. He panicked and pressed the button on the desk. All the lights and the hologram computer disappeared into nothing. Nate got up from the desk and ran for cover behind one of the large bookshelves and watched as he spotted several figures appear into the room. Nate then moved back into cover. "Oh crap! You've got to be kidding me." He whispered to himself as he realized who the figures were. It was the man in robes, the alien girl with the orange skin and the bearded man as they all stepped inside the giant library. They all appeared to be talking and in the quiet nature of the room, even if there were other people in there, Nate could hear them clear as day as they walked closer.

"Master, I know what the council said is true about him being the cause of the force flashes but yesterday I felt like he really had no idea what we were talking about. The way his eyes looked... it looked like he was scared stiff about everything. Do you think his story was true?" The alien girl asked.

"I don't know Ashoka. Maybe. Then again, maybe not. What do you think master?" The man known as Anakin asked.

The bearded man, or now Obi-wan, responded with ease in his voice. "While it troubles me that we were unable to catch him and bring him in for questioning. If what we saw yesterday, the injuries he had, were to worsen before we find him. We may not be able to get any answers from him."

He sounded frustrated but the last part sounded genuinely sad. Nate had been in the game for a long time, so he knew if people meant what they said or not. But Nate still couldn't trust them. At least not right now. He needed more info on these guys before he could even consider WANTING to trust them.

"Well master, I say we should try to look for him again. From his determination alone from trying to escape us I can tell he'll be too stubborn to go to a republic hospital. He may just avoid any kind of medical treatment period. Master, if we don't get to him soon-" The alien girl's conversation was cut off for Nate when pain started to grow in his lower torso. In the middle of their conversation He decided to try and slip by to get out of the room with them. He made it to the end of the bookshelf he was using for cover. He stood up to move to the next one only to get dizzy, his vision blur followed by pain. When his vision came to he heard nothing but silence. It felt like even his heart froze. Ironically that was the only thing he could hear in the now deadly silent room. Nate didn't dare to move in case he would accidently make a sound.

"Master..." the alien girl said. With not only worry but a bit of concern in her voice. Like she was surprised for some reason.

"I sense it too." Anakin responded. All Nate could hear now was carful and slight echoes of their steps in the room. "We know you're here. Come out whoever you are." He demanded as the steps grew closer to Nate.