"Yeah, I will."

He raps an arm around my back and under one arm to help me up. I try putting pressure on my foot but retract it a moment later and wince.

"I don't think you should be doing this. I could convince them to reschedule?"

I shake my head, "There's no way in hell they'd do that. I have to perform today."

"You have to promise me that you'll stop if it gets any worse. Please?"

"Aish! Stop being a worry wart and help me."

He chuckles. I lean on Joshua as he leads me through the studio. We walk into a room with white walls, one covered in mirrors. There's a large piano, guitar and violin sitting side by side at the back of the room. There's speakers set up as well. Sitting behind a small table off to the side are Jonathan and what I assume to be the CEO or recruitment chief. Joshua puts my bag down while I greet the two men.

"Hello...My name is Min-Ji."

"So good to see you again flower," Jonathan chimes in.

"Ah, yes, Ms Hong, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Hang Sung-soo."

I bow, "Yes, nice to meet you."

I put some weight onto my foot and shudder as I walk over to the table.

"So let's get started shall we? First just a little bit of a questionnaire. Do you speak any foreign languages?"

"Ne, English, Chinese, Japanese, French, Spanish, German and some Italien."

"Impressive...I'm aware that you play a few instruments as well, how long have you been playing for?"

"I've played piano since I was four, guitar since I was seven and violin since I was nine."

"Very good...so you're eighteen is that right?"

"Ah, ne."

"And when were you born?"

"30th of December, 1995." I hear a gasp from Joshua and I look over to see his mouth hanging wide open. I give him a confused look.

"Okay so I guess we'll get started then. Jisoo? Do you intend on hanging around?"

'U-uh ne, if that's alright?"

"Do as you please. Have you prepared a particular song?"

"Ne. I've written my own song."

"I look forward to hearing it," he smiles gently, "What are you going to do first?"

"I think I'll sing..."

He gestures for me to begin. Joshua chucks me the CD, avoiding my gaze. I put the CD I to the slot and start singing.

Woah~ oh~
Every night, I look up to the sky
And see you

I recall all those memories...
I just wish I could forget...
We used to be the best of friends
And now what's left of us?

Shadows cloud my judgement
I should be better than this
I can't help but want you back...

Baby just one more time...
Let me hear your voice
Let me feel your touch
Let me stare into your eyes...
Just one more time!

All those moments we spent together...
They're all gone forever...
Oh ~ I wish we had more time...
I wish we had more time

Baby just one more time...
Let me hear your voice
Let me feel your touch
Let me stare into your eyes...

Just one more time!

All those moments we spent together...
They're all gone forever...
Oh ~ I wish we had more time...
I wish we had more time

I take a deep breath in after I finish. CEO nods his head and takes notes while Joshua claps excitedly. Joshua points to my ankle and tilts his head to the side.

"I'm fine," I say.

I grab up the guitar and take a seat. I play through the song, savouring the absence of pain. I play violin and then finally piano. I walk cautiously over to the CD and hit play, quickly heading into position, wincing as I go. I focus on my thoughts as do the first move. I chew on the pain and force it to the back of my mind. For the next two minutes it's as if the pain is invisible. And then it hits me, aching, searing pain. I grit my teeth as I enter the final chorus. I jump up in the air and land back onto the ground with a thump into my final pose. After the music finishes I fall to the ground and let out a silent scream. I claw at my left ankle and I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder. I look up and see Joshua with a calm expression in his face.

"Shh, it's okay."

I squeeze my eyes closed tight and whimper.

"Min-Ji."

I keep my eyes closed.

"Min-Ji look at me, please."

I do as he asks and look into his eyes, panting and wheezing.

"It's okay, take a deep breath. I'm going to take the tape off now."

I nod. He removes my shoe carefully. I grit my teeth as his hand hovers over my foot. I scream into my teeth while he quickly removes the several layers of tape. I look down at my bare foot and cringe. There's a dark purple mark just above the base of my foot and my ankle is the size of a house. I can hear Joshua curse. I am now aware of Jonathan's and the CEO's presence.

Jonathan speaks in a calm soothing tone, "Oh dear...did you dance with that darling?"

I simply nod my head, fighting back tears.

"My my I'm impressed! Joshua dear, run and get some ice will you?"

"Of course, I'll be back." Joshua sprints out the door.

"Miss why didn't you inform us of this?" The CEO inclines his head.

"I-I had to sir...I have to pass this audition."

"I understand that but you've probably made it worse."

"I don't care. Things heal."

The CEO gives me a some what disgusted look. Just as I'm about to fire back another comment Joshua comes bursting through the door. He rushes over and places the bag of ice over my foot.

"Ah Jonathan? Sir? Do you mind leaving us alone?"

They both nod, grab up their things and leave. Joshua grabs on of my hands in his own and smiles sweetly. "What am I to do with you Min? You promised me you'd stop."

I look up at him confused, Min?

He strokes my hair lightly. "We best get you to a hospital."

"N-No! I'm fine! Really! I just need to rest it."

"You're kidding with me, right? Look at it! I I didn't know any better I'd say you've torn a ligament!"

I look down into my lap.

"Come on, let's go." Joshua grabs my shoe and sock, putting it on my lap. He stands and grabs up my bag, swinging over his shoulder. He places one arm under my knees and the other around my shoulder, lifting me up with ease.

———————————————
Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long to update I've been busy with school and other commitments. Thank you for your patience! This one was extra long! About 2000 words! I will try and post the next update in a few days to make up for lost time!
Thank you for all your support!

-Josie💖💖