Part 2

In today's part I thought I'd identify notable members of each house. These are just a few, there are many more.

Slytherin-

✔ Merlin-Merlin himself was in Slytherin house! Merlin supported muggles and fought for their rights, becoming arguably the most famous wizard in history.

✔ The Bloody Baron-This fella is the ghost of Slytherin house. He may be cold-hearted and cruel, but there is a heart somewhere buried in deep underneath his inhospitable demeanour. Even if it's been shattered beyond repair.

✔ Tom Riddle-Otherwise known as 'He-who-shall-not-be-named', was once a Hogwarts student and loyal to Slytherin house. Tom Riddle is a known parselmouth (having the ability to talk to snakes) and was a part of Horace Slughorn's prestigious 'Slug club'. He is referred to as one of the darkest wizards of all time by many. But don't be discouraged Slytherins! Tom Riddle is just a boy who made all the wrong choices, just as Dumbledore had said. Tom teaches us an important lesson. He teaches us to be bold and to have guts, he wouldn't have been able to accomplish half of the feats he completed without doing so. Good on him for being ambitious.

✔ Andromeda Tonks-Older sister of Bellatrix Lestrange and Narcissa Malfoy, Andromeda Tonks is a strong female character in the Harry Potter franchise. Andromeda had the guts to stand up to her family and married a muggleborn wizard by the name of Edward Tonks. Andromeda and Edward had a daughter and named her Nymphadora Tonks.

✔ Bellatrix Lestrange-Despite Bellatrix being a totally mad, power-hungry witch she was a total badass! Let's face it, her knowledge of spells, curses and charms is extremely extensive and the way she exhibits her magic is extraordinary. Witches and wizards alike could take a page out of this witch's book.

✔ Severus Snape-We all know the story behind our favourite greasy-haired potion's master. Severus Snape grew up at Spinner's End with his mother and father, his father being described as neglectful and possibly even violent. It was at Spinner's End where he met Lily Evans, the future mother of world renowned Harry Potter. Lily Evans and Severus Snape were really close, Lily sticking up for Severus whenever he was bullied by the 'Marauders'. At some point in their schooling, Severus called Lily a 'mudblood' and they had a falling out. During the First Wizarding War, Snape begged that the Dark Lord spare Lily's life. Lily sacrificed herself to save Harry and Severus vowed to protect Harry. Severus Snape is a very hard person to figure out as he his very mistrustful. Snape teaches us that attention and glory aren't everything.

✔ Regulus Black-Regulus is the younger brother of Sirius Black and was loyal to the Dark Lord in his youth, receiving the dark mark before he'd even finished his schooling. Regulus eventually abandoned Voldemort, after he threatened to kill Kreacher, the Black family's loyal house elf. He was killed by Inferi after retrieving Voldemort's horcrux locket. Regulus is very loyal to the people close to him and and an honorable man.

Hufflepuff-

✳ Hengist of Woodcroft-Hengist is known as the wizard that founded Hogsmeade, the only all-wizarding village in Great Britain. Hengist founded the village of Hogsmeade after being driven from his home by muggles. Hengist also has his very own chocolate frog card.

✳ Newton Scamander-Author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Newt Scamander is a well-known magizoologist. He was sentenced to expulsion in 1913, but Dumbledore (who was transfiguration professor at the time) believed that he was innocent. Newt teaches us to embrace things, both abnormal and ordinary.

✳ Pomona Sprout-Pomona Sprout excelled in Herbology during her years at Hogwarts and eventually returned to pass her passion on to youthful students. She became head of Hufflepuff house. Sprout was opposed to Voldemort and his cause, fighting against him and the Death Eaters by dropping venomous plants on their heads and other things of the sort.