"ah yes, marcel, considering the fact that you have the highest GPA out of all the juniors this year, we have discussed it and we have decided that you should be the one to show our new student around."

"n-new student?", i asked, half curious and half nervous. i'm not good with anyone at this school, so how am i supposed to act casually around someone i've never even seen?

"yes, his name is ryder tomlinson and he is a senior.", the lady smiled up at me, clearly not realizing how scared i was. "he is already here, he's waiting outside of the cafeteria. he has his schedule, so when you are done showing him around, you two can go to your classes."

i bit the inside of my cheek as i listened to her words, nodding to cover up the anxiety attack i was nearly having.

"okay, thank you.", i choked out before spinning around on my heels and rushing out of the room with my head down to resist making eye contact.

i shivered a little before speed walking towards where the cafeteria was. i stopped dead in my tracks once i stood in front of the large group of rusty, green tables that many students sat at during lunch because the inside was too crowded.

i immediately noticed a boy who sat at the table in the middle of the group of tables. although he was pretty far away, i noticed that he had tattoos that covered his body, and too many piercings on his face. stickers covered his black backpack, and i had to admit that i was even more nervous than i was before.

my breath hitched as his head turned to look directly at me. i wiped my sweaty palms on my knees before slowly making my way over to him, my eyes flickering down to the floor but i still felt his eyes on me.

i sped up my pace, hoping i wasn't annoying him with my slow walking.

once i reached the table i looked at him, and he was already looking at me. he had one eyebrow raised expectantly, and as i got a good look at his face i had to admit that he was undoubtedly attractive.

"h-hi.", i greeted as confidently as i could, but i don't have much confidence if you couldn't tell already.

"hey.", he said simply, his eyes not leaving my face for a moment. my eyes wandered down to his arms and i fixed my eyes on all his tattoos.

"i'm assuming you're ryder, right?", i asked nervously, feeling very proud of myself for completing that sentence without nervously stuttering.

"yeah, your assumings are correct.", ryder chuckled softly as he ran his hand through his feathery hair that he decided to let loose- unlike every other boy at this school who spent hours on their hair.

i let myself take in his heavenly voice for a few seconds before speaking.

"we-well, i'm marcel and i was assigned to show you around the school.", i spoke quietly as my hands fiddled with each other.

ryder didn't take his eyes off of me, it was like he was watching my every move and it made me extremely self conscious.

"then i guess we better get started.", he took a deep breath before finally taking his eyes off of me and standing up. i was surprised by his small figure, considering how bad bum he looked. he seemed maybe a foot shorter than i was.

but i am a freakishly tall giant.

he cleared his throat and snapped me out of my thoughts, and i felt my cheeks heat up.

"ye-yeah, let's get started.", i chuckled nervously as i began walking towards the bathrooms of the school, signaling him to follow. we walked in an awkward silence before reaching the bathrooms after what seemed like forever.

"well, these are the bathrooms. they're not the best so i wouldn't recommend them."

-

8:03 AM ; the end of the tour

"and that is the school.", i spoke with a small smile on my face as i looked down at ryder. it turns out that ryder wasn't too bad, sure he acted like a bit of a meanie at times, but at other times he joked around. but of course, being the dummy i am, i always said something that made the whole somewhat tour awkward again.

but now it's over, and i'll be heading back to class. i had already showed him where all his classes were at, and he said that he was capable of walking himself to class after my offer of walking him there, so he's fine.

"pretty big school. anyways, thanks for the tour i guess. i can walk you to class if you'd like."

his words shocked me a little, i hadn't expected him to want to walk me to my class. i should be the one walking him to class.

"wa-walk me to class?", i stuttered as i felt heat rise up my neck.

"yeah, i just thought that a friend should walk another friend to class.", ryder shrugged and i bit the inside of my cheek.

i nodded, mumbling a shy, "okay.", before we began to head to my class, me leading the way.

it was silent until we reached my classroom, and we both faced each other.

"okay, well i guess i'll see you during lunch, yeh?", ryder asked as he cracked a smile up at me.

"u-uh yeah.", i quickly nodded as i looked down at my shoes in attempt to hide my blush.

"alright then, see ya later marcel."

"bye."

and with that, i rushed into the classroom and as soon as i entered the room, i had all eyes on me. people began to say the words 'loser' and 'fag' in between coughs, and mr. foote pretended that they weren't even saying anything.

i began to make my way over to my desk, but it took me by surprise when i nearly face planted into the floor when i was tripped by a foot.

the class began to roar with laughter, and people began to full on yell mean names at me. i took a deep breath before standing up and sitting down at my desk.

"marcel's a loser!", a voice called from the back, and mr. foote gave him a deathly glare.

i looked down at my desk as my eyes welled up in tears, but i quickly wiped them away.

that's when i heard the door open, and my head snapped up, only to see an angry figure in the doorway, and my eyes widened.

"ry-ryder?"