one

6:45 AM ; school

"thank you mum, the pancakes were delicious but i have to go to school now."

i carefully stood up from my seat at the table and lifted my backpack up from the floor, wrapping the straps over my shoulders. i hurried to mum's side and gave her a small kiss on her cheek.

"okay, i love you dear. have a great day at school.", she grinned as she lifted her arm up and ran her hand over my hair that i had gelled to the side.

her words hurt me on the inside, if only she knew what really happened at school.

"okay mum, i love you too. bye!", i waved as i made my way to the door. i quickly opened the door and stepped outside, and the cold air hit me. sometimes i wished that i had a car, but i know mum didn't have the money to get me one.

i took a deep breath before beginning to walk to my school that was only a few blocks away.

the wind blew briskly against my face and body, and i almost feared that i would fall down. i gripped by backpack straps and kept my head down to look at my moving feet.

darn this wind.

-

7:11 AM ; math class

"can anybody give me the answer to thai question?", mr. foote asked as he stepped away from the white board to reveal the math question. everybody immediately began to write down on their notebooks, but i only had to do it in my head.

my arm shot up, and mr. foote grinned at me as he spoke. "yes, marcel?"

most of the class snickered, the rest staying silent as they payed no attention whatsoever to the teacher.

"yes, mr. foote, the answer is-"

i was interrupted by a loud bell signaling that an announcement was going to be made.

the whole class stayed silent and listened intently, all praying that they wouldn't be called up to the front office in fear of the embarrassment.

"marcel styles, please report to the front office. i repeat, marcel styles, please report to the front office."

was i in trouble?

what was going on?

my whole body stiffened as i felt all eyes on me, more snickers leaving student's mouths.

"loser!", someone called as i carefully stood up, keeping my head down to avoid any eye contact.

i quickly left the classroom, walking around all the feet that stood out from under the desks, meant to trip me.

i hurried to the front office so i could get back to class, i'm really not comfortable with missing any class time.

as i walked, the wind that remained in the air made it hard to keep my eyes open, even from behind my glasses.

as soon as i reached the door to the front office, i took a deep breath before entering the warm room. i was greeted with eyes on me. my eyes flickered around to look at students that filled up the chairs that were lined up against the wall.

these students slightly scared me because they were the students who skipped detention after school, so they got called up during school. they all glared at me, and some laughed to themselves, only to be shushed by a teacher who i guessed didn't have a class at the moment and decided to possibly make copies for her next class or something like that.

i walked further into the room until i reached the front desk, and the lady sitting in the chair behind it looked up at me.

"he-hello, it's marcel styles.", i spoke quietly, not wanting the others to hear me. i was nervous enough in here, why let them make it worse?