The blonde woman suddenly disappeared from in front of her, startling Melanie and the two men that held her. There was the sound of a loud crash from their left, all of them looking in the direction to see something that surprised them all - especially Melanie.

"Jasper!" she cried out in disbelief, staring at the man who towered over the blonde woman scarily, snarling with rage. But it wasn't Jasper, it was his alter ego: Major. The muscled man that held Melanie released his own snarl, dashing over to the two to protect his mate - something Melanie realised during the fight.

It was no use though; Major merely glided away from the man, grabbing his neck and throwing him against a tree that sent said object falling to the ground with a loud crash. Major turned his sight to Melanie and the bronze-haired man, eyes pitch black and empty. It chilled both of them to the bones.

In a blink of an eye, Melanie was freed from her grasp, making her spin around to see Major's hand wrapped around the bronze-haired man's neck, hovering in the air in Major's hold. "Jasper!" Melanie called out again, going to stagger to her feet only to fall to the ground, still in pain from the previous fight. Her mate noticed her state, face twisting to one of pure fury. And with a roar, the Major threw Edward over to the others that regrouped.

Major crouched in front of Melanie protectively, snarling at the coven before them.

"Jasper -" a man with blonde hair stepped forward.

"Stay back!" Major hissed, crouching lower threateningly. "And you should know it's not Jasper!" Melanie was confused. If this wasn't Jasper, then who was he?

"Major," the man corrected, standing straight and cautious. "Why are you defending her when she is a threat to us?" Melanie and Major growled in response. Melanie was offended; she was a threat to them? That's crazy! She didn't want to hurt them! I mean, so what she happened to be one of the most powerful creatures to ever walk the Earth!

"She is not a threat, and ya'll will not harm her!" the Major demanded, Southern accent thick and evident. The blonde-haired woman hissed, crouching ready to attack for harming her mate when Bella interrupted them all.

"FOR GOODNESS SAKES, THAT'S JASPER'S MATE, MELANIE!" Bella screamed out angrily, catching everyone off guard - including the Major.

"Did we break her?" the muscled vampire whispered to his coven, though none bothered to reply, bewildered to see Bella this angry and scolding them - vampires.

"I can't believe you guys! I tried telling you guys, but no! You guys were too determined to kill her! Carlisle, Esme, you two are meant to be the merciful ones and give anyone a chance and be all civilised! Alice, I can't believe you didn't listen to me and out of everyone, you should have known that she was Jasper's mate!" Bella ranted, turning red in the face which was quite a sight on her pale face. Bella turned to glare at her boyfriend and the other couple. "And you three! How dare you guys try and kill her! I can't believe you guys tried to kill her without listening to either of us! Are you guys crazy? Do you want a death wish? Major would have killed you all!" Everyone was silent, and no one moved from their spot. That gave Major the chance to check over his mate.

"Are ya' alright, darlin'?" he murmured, running his hands over her body to check for any injuried.

"I'm alright, my arms just hurt a bit from their grip," Melanie waved off. Major glowered at her words, glaring in the direction of two certain men who lowered their heads guiltily. Melanie noticed, placing a hand on his arm to get his attention. "Major, I'm fine," Melanie whispered, even though she was confused with everything. Who was Major? Where was Jasper? No one told her that just like her, Jasper had an alter ego.

Major's eyes softened, caressing the side of Melanie's face who involuntarily leaned into the touch. Her face twisted into one of puzzlement. "I'm sorry, but where's Jasper? They're calling you Major and..."

"I'm his alter ego, Major." Melanie's face dawned to one of realisation. She gave a shy smile to him, burying her face in his chest for comfort.

"Mels, are you okay?" Bella asked, calmed down from her fury and started to approach the two much to the other's dismay.

"I'm fine," Melanie assured her friend. "Can you get Junior? He's in that hidden place nearby." With a small nod, Bella stumbled away from the clearing, leaving just the vampires.

It was a tense atmosphere, no one saying a word to one another. Major merely kept Melanie close to him, running his hands over her body as if to assure himself and Jasper that she was there, with him, and that it wasn't a dream. Melanie cherished being held in her mate's arms for the first time in ages, feeling complete at last. Major pulled away from her, looking into her eyes tenderly.

"It was nice to meet you, darlin'," he drawled out lowly for only her to hear, "Jasper is ready to come back."

"It was nice to meet you, good sir," Melanie replied back in her Southern accent, igniting a small grin from the stoic man. Major closed his eyes, only for them to open again a second later showing golden topaz eyes instead of pitch black. Melanie felt her heart flutter at connecting eyes with the love of her life.

Once Jasper gathered his bearings, he looked down at his mate, his face breaking into a breathtaking smile that she returned just as happily before she was engulfed into a tight hug from him.

"You're here!" Jasper breathed out, voice cracking from his pure emotions. "You're here..."

"I love you so much!" Melanie whimpered, burying her face in his neck to hide her tears. "I love you..."