Chapter 14 - The middle

Start from the beginning

Then there’s the middle where you don’t kill yourself or anyone else, the people like me. I wonder what that type of person would be classed as.

Girl 1 Mizuho, Girl 21 Kaori Dead

20 To Go

…………….

It had been harder getting to sleep than I had first thought. After seeing all the death I wondered if I would ever be able to sleep properly again.

The thing was though is that I didn’t feel the way I thought I would when I saw the body’s falling. Yes there was the shock and maybe a little sickness at some of the murders which I had observed.

But there wasn’t that one thing which everyone would first think that they would feel. I know it’s hard to explain but how would you feel if you saw somebody die right before your eyes, whether it be someone you knew or just a complete stranger.

I had heard that when you first see a murder then you are scared for life and never feel the same way again but there didn’t seem to be anything like that with me even though the dead body’s repulsed me.

I decided that I was just over thinking it.

I woke to cold stale air. Maybe it was all the death making the air so rotten.

My eyes were blurry and I quickly rubbed at them to get rid of the blur. I had decided to sleep in the trees again because it seemed like a reasonably safe place unless someone knew you were hiding up there.

Once again the classical music played and the names were called out. There were only three names on the report. All the deaths which I had whispered, maybe I’m just bad luck.

I laughed at that before collecting my bags and jumping down from the tree’s branches. My back was stiff and my stomach grumbled because I hadn’t eaten in what seemed like forever even if it had only been a couple of hours.

Bread and rice really isn’t the most filling meal in small portions. Even though I knew that it wasn’t going to keep my stomach quiet for long I took out some bread and water then sat down to eat and drink them.

After I had had my fill I stood up and started to walk away but that was when I heard a snap coming from somewhere nearby.

I wanted to hide but that was hard when I had no idea where the sound was exactly coming from. Instead I decided to do the dumbest thing possible.

“Who’s out there?” I shouted grabbing my nunchucks.

The rustling in the trees seemed to stop for a second before becoming louder and quicker. I ran.

I ran until I came out to a clearing and there was no where left to hide. My heart was beating at a rapid rate as I turned around to face whoever it was who had been following me.

I took up a defensive stance trying to remember everything that I had been taught.

Suddenly two figures came out of the trees. One was holding a small hand gun whilst the other was holding what seemed to be a machete.

I wondered how I was going to get out of the mess which I had put myself in. I still stood there taking up what I hoped to seem like a professional and deadly pose.

The looks on their faces were shocked whether it was from how scary I looked or how stupid I looked I wasn’t sure.

“What do you want?” I shouted hoping to sound at least a little bit threatening.

“Do you really think that you will be able to beat us with that?” The guy with the machete said with a laugh causing the guy next to him to laugh as well.