///Chapter Two///

As Iris arrived to her destination she threw herself out of the vehicle and dashed into the doors of the ball. As the doors shut behind her she checked in as quickly as she possibly could, eagerness filling within her. She pushed through crowds and crowds of people trying to find Hubert until she felt a faint tug on her shoulder.

"Iris?..."
"...Hubert?.."

Hubert twirled her around to face him. She quickly wrapped her arms around him with no warning, tears filling her eyes. Hubert quickly did the same, wrapping his arms around her tightly.
" I missed you quite a lot..." He said faintly in her ear. Iris put her head in the crook of his neck, nearly choking on her tears. "I'm so glad you're alive...Hubert...I was so worried...they were saying the soldiers-"
She was abruptly cut off by Hubert shushing her. "It's alright. I'm here. Enough with that ... I'll be alright I promise."  He cupped her face and brought it  up to look at him, he wiped her tears away with his thumbs.
" Iris I-"

///HERE'S A SONG FOR ALL THE COUPLES OUT THERE!!!!! ////
- Sweet Adeline starts playing-

Hubert freezes but then offers his hand to Iris.
"Would you care to have this dance with me my dear Iris?"
Iris blushed at his offer as she took his hand ever so willingly. Hubert took her into his grasp as he slow danced with her while occasionally twirling her around.

As the song softly fades out and comes to an end, they parted to look at each other. Iris's eyes glimmered in the ballroom lighting, she looked into Hubert's eyes, redness spreading all across her face reacting to the way Hubert held his arms around her waist.
Hubert's face, getting flustered from all this, parted and took her hand in his.
"Shall we go to your place? I don't see much reason for staying here the whole duration ." 
He offered.

Iris gladly took the offer and nodded.
"Of course! It is getting quite late after all."