///Chapter One///

It had been around 1916, two years after the Great War had begun and the maiden known as Iris had been getting ready for the grand ball in which was a celebration of all the soldier's hard work and dedication in the bleakest, most horrid times of war.

It was a night to honor them, support them, but most of all forget about all that was happening around them and just have a relaxed, gay time.
Iris, was getting ready to go and see her greatest friend Hubert Cumberdale, she had known him since the dawn of time, and once he left for the Great War she just couldn't bare knowing that one day it was quite possible she would get the news he was never returning home. That he would be deceased.

She feared that. She despised the very thought of that. It hurt her ever so more knowing that if that were to come true, she would never get the chance to tell him.... tell him something she had wanted to for quite a long time but was much afraid that it would've ruined them because of his role in the cold, harsh, war. In her thoughts, it was never meant to work...

Iris, being quite ecstatic that she would after two years finally see Hubert once more, made her almost jump into her dress and leap onward out of the doorway of her tiny cottage, waiting for her ride.