part I | "Why are you so obnoxious?"

Start from the beginning

"That's not gonna happen! She's my soulmate, Keith, we wouldn't be soulmates if we weren't perfect for each other."

"Weren't you taught anything? Soulmates doesn't mean you guys get along perfectly, or whatever, it just means you're meant to be together."

"If we're meant to be, then wouldn't we get along perfectly?"

"I don't know. I just know the gist of it, I never cared for the details."

"I'm leaving," Pidge said, annoyed at the constant arguing, and headed for the door. "I'm sure Hunk will need a taste-tester in the kitchen."

"You guys ruin everything!" Lance said, throwing his pen at Keith. "I'm going to my room!"

"Is it so bad to want to meet your soulmate?" Lance mouthed, looking up at the ceiling.

_________________________

"Yeah!" Lance dramatically yelled. "And he was all like 'soulmates are dumb' and 'just give up', I mean can you believe it?"

"I'm sorry, man," Hunk consoled. "Hey, once we get back to Earth, I promise I'll try to help you find your soulmate."

"Thanks, Hunk," Lance weakly smiled. "But maybe Keith is right, most people don't even find their soulmates, let alone people stuck in space..."

"Hey, who needs soulmates when you have the best pal in the world?"

"Man, I really am hopeless. My soulmate would probably feel bad they'd be stuck with me."

"What?" Hunk said. "No way! You're awesome, dude!"

"Girls don't want awesome. Girls want cool and sexy and confident, I don't have anything to offer."

"Lance! How could you say that? Look, even as a straight dude I think you're cool and talented and I'm sure you have sex appeal so hold your head up high and search for your soulmate!"

"But, what if-"

"No what if's!"

"No, really, what if I never meet my soulmate and I wasted my whole life passing up every cute girl I could've hit it off with in hopes of kissing someone I'll probably never meet..."

Hunk didn't know how to respond.

"I'm gonna go train," Lance sighed. "Might as well make myself somewhat likable, in case I really do find her."

_________________________

"Ugh, of course you're here training," Lance groaned.

"Well, unlike you, I actually make an effort to do well during battle," Keith said, in between the metal of the training bot and his bayard clashing. "You know, it doesn't hurt to train a little extra."

"I'll have you know that's exactly why I came to the training room!" Lance huffed. "But seeing as your here, I'll just see myself out!"

"Taking the first chance to abandon training?" Keith said, not losing focus. "I'd figure as much from you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you can be kinda lazy, sometimes."

"I am not!"

"Yeah, you are, Lance."

"I'll show you lazy!" Lance said, switching his bayard into his usual blaster.

He carefully aimed for the training bot, the task being especially difficult with Keith in the way and the constant movement. He took a deep breath and pulled the trigger.

"Bam! Headshot!"

"Lance! I had that, why'd you ruin it?"

"Because I'm better than you."

"First the soulmate thing, now messing up my training? Why are you so obnoxious?"

Lance stormed off, careful not to let Keith see how much the last statement hurt him.

Why are you so obnoxious?

"I bet you my soulmate doesn't think I'm obnoxious..." Lance muttered on his way back to his room.

————————————

told you i'd write an AU

so like i just came up with this concept when i was doodling stuff on my wrists and i drew a little blue heart, which is my babe's favorite color. so there's some backstory

follow @/kingklance on twitter and @/absolute_klance_trash on instagram and also this account

ily guys and please comment and vote so i'll be happy