Complicated.

Water splashed on me. I wipe my face and I looked up to see Arden. Her eyes were red and puffy. She looked crazy. As if she was possessed. Her hair was all over the place.

"Arden! Why did you do that?" Lucy asks, taking the glass away from her.

"It's morning." Arden finally speaks.

"So, that doesn't mean pour water on him. Get in the kitchen." She listens to Lucy.

"I'm sorry. She..she gets weird whenever her heart gets broken."

I just looked at her, I never said anything. "What time is it?"

"10. Are you okay? You didn't drown, did you?" She laughs a little.

Fuck, her smile was killing me. Her smile disappeared slowly.

"I gotta go. I'll talk to you later. Thanks for the movies and food and stuff." I grabbed my guitar and headed towards the door.

"Hey uh. I'm not really doing anything for the rest of Spring Break. You know since Arden's heart is completely broken."

I had to lie to get out of hanging out with her for the entire Spring Break.

"Uh. I can't. Me and the guys are going to Canada, home town. Ryan already paid for the tickets so. I wish I could let you come but it's kind of a boys things."

"Oh. It's cool. Just..text me, okay?"

"Sure." She smiles as she closes the door.

"Oh fuck." I whispered to myself as I got inside the car. -------

Lucy's POV

        "Can you believe he dumped me? Me?" Arden says as she licks off her spoon full of ice cream.

We've gone through 3 boxes of Butter Pecan, 2 boxes of Vanilla and right now, 5 boxes of Oreo Cookies and Cream. Those were my favorite.

"He's an asshole with the others back in SD." I tell her.

"And what? Guys here are better? I think Justin is a prime example."

I didn't want to respond to that. I knew she wanted me to so I just kept quiet.

"What about Chaz?" I ask her.

"Chaz who?"

"Justin's friend, Chaz. He's kind of cute." I lick the ice cream off the spoon.

"I don't know if I should start dating again."

"Please. I'm convinced he's dating some other girl right now. There's nothing wrong with exploring your options."

"I thought you said they were in Canada."

"They are. I'll just text Justin to tell Chaz that you're interested."

"What if he's not interested."

"He will be, hush." -----

        The next day, I decided to take Arden shopping. I was waiting for her to try on the clothes. I was humming along to the song playing in the store. We bought a few clothes from Forever 21 and Love Couture. We stopped by ice cream place to get some. I checked my phone and I was looking for Justin's text but he never replied.

I sat down and she hands me my ice cream. "He didn't text back."

"Maybe his phone is off. You know, airplane mode."

"Maybe." I took a bite out of my ice cream.

I wasn't going to lie, I was a little worried about Justin to this point. He was acting a little weird yesterday and I wasn't sure if I should've reacted. ---------

       One more day left of Spring Break. I never got that text either. I'm sure he was in Canada by now. Or he was heading back. Arden, Jade and I sat downstairs watching Sponge Bob. I got up to go in the kichen. My mom was reading from a cook book while she was cooking.

"What are you making?"

"Oh uh, Jambalaya. It was your father's favorite."

"Mom, you don't have to---"

She groans. "Yes, I do. Just let me cook it, okay?"

I sighed and walked out. "Lucy.."

"It's fine."

I grabbed my jacket and put it on.

"Where are you going?" Arden asks.

"For a walk. Don't follow like Rocky."

I opened the door and walked out. My mom always freaked out whenever the day of my dad's death came around. He died before my birthday but he ended up buying my gift before hand.

I sat down on a park bench and looked down at my feet.

"Lucy." I looked up to see that guy, Luke.

"Oh. You live around here?"

"Uh, yeah. You?"

I just nod. "Did you want your shirt back?"

"Oh no. You can keep it. What are you doing alone?"

"Needed some air."

"There's a great diner, not too far from here. You would like some company?"

"Sure." I walked with him to the diner.

The diner's decor was 50's style. We sat down at a table. The waiter gave us menus and he smiles at me.

"Why are you in America?"

He laughs a little. "Uh. Well, my dad got a job here so we kind of just stayed."

"Your accent gives you a unfair advantage."

"So, how are you and Justin? I hear you two are pretty good friends."

"Is that what everyone is saying?" I opened the menu and looked through it.

"Others are saying he uh, got you in bed."

"Those others are liars."

"I know he's a good kid. He just likes sex, there's nothing wrong with that."

"I'm glad you see it that way."

"And how do you see it?"

"I see it as him being an asshole. He leads the girl on, gets her in bed, and then right after, he dumps her."

"He told you this?"

"No, I assume."

"Maybe you're changing him."

"I doubt that. He went to Canada over Spring Break and I'm convinced there are few broken hearted girls left there."

"How are you so sure?"

"Because he wouldn't ruin his reputation for one girl." -----