Chapter 6

A/N: This is the edited version of Chapter 14, 15, and 16.

...

I am very grateful for the fact that Santa Monica Pier is open 24 hours. Whether it's Lee's weird need to go dance at 3 in the morning, or when Noah took me on a date in the middle of the night to avoid getting caught together, I always loved that it was always there for me. Even now, when the sun was setting over the water, and Noah was taking me on the ferris wheel.

"I loved taking you here because even if we were just sitting on the dock eating funnel cake, you were smiling," he explained as he handed our tickets over to the operator. This was the perfect end to the perfect night. God I hope he kisses me at the top, because that would be the most romantic thing ever. He took my hand as the operator closed the door for us. Noah sat so that we were facing the ocean. The sun made the water reflect a million different colors. Warm purples and blues mixed with the fading orange of the sun and made me fall in love with the view. It was a view I was going to miss.

"I loved spending time with you, but I think it's a good thing that you're leaving tomorrow," I murmured. It was so peaceful, the cool night air surrounding us.

"You tired of me already?" he teased. The wheel surged forward as more people got on.

"No, but you're a terrible influence on me. I mean I broke into a freaking school. If my dad ever found out he would kill us both. Maybe you more than me," I giggled.

"Could you say we broke in a little louder?" he laughed. I was about to punch him but stopped myself when I looked at how high up we were. Maybe this wasn't the most romantic thing ever when I was a little afraid of heights. I stared out at the ocean, trying to will the sound of the waves to calm me. "Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded and gave him a forced smile.

"Just a little nervous," I told him.

"About school?" he asked. There was no chance that I was ever going to tell Noah Flynn about my fear of heights.

So instead I lied, "Yeah. It's just a little overwhelming." He nodded and cupped my face with his hand.

"I thought that too, but all you have to think about is what makes you happy. Don't worry about where or how or why, just what you want to do with your life," he urged. I nodded and pecked his lips. I would always remember him doing this for me. He believed in me and that means the world to me. I knew right then that I wanted to have an impact on people's lives the way that Noah had on mine. Maybe a little less romance and a little more guidance, but either way I wanted to help people. And I could do that as a teacher. I would be a good teacher. I loved my little brother. Even if he was my brother and he was a little annoying sometimes, he was one of my favorite people in the world. I was going to do this. But I wanted to do it on my own. To show everyone that I could be strong and independent.

"Would it be totally cheesy to kiss you right now?" he smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh Noah...you know I love the cheese," I laughed. And he kissed me, in the setting sun, and it was the perfect end to our fairytale night.

~~~

"Noah, why the hell do I have to wear a blindfold?" I whined. I heard him laugh and I could tell that he was getting a kick out of seeing me so pissed off.

"Kay, you can take it off. We're just stopping at home, but then we're heading out again," he caved. I yanked the stupid thing off my head, knowing that Mrs Flynn was going to flip when she saw I had wrecked my hair.

"We're going back out? Isn't it time for bed?" I asked, fake yawning.

"We're not sleeping at home tonight," he answered. My eyes widened in surprise.