Chapter Seven: Lover's Quarrel

--Another Short Chapter--

Chapter Seven: Lover’s Quarrel

            It had only been a few hours since we had fallen asleep when something (or someone) caused me to wake up. I slowly opened my eyes and stared into the darkness, letting my eyes adjust to the surrounding black. My head was groggy and cloudy. I felt my legs grow a mind of their own and start crawling their way out of bed. I moved Markus’ cold hand off me slowly, gently.  He stirred a little, but not enough to wake himself up. My body stood up and started heading for the bedroom door. I knew I was awake, but I didn’t feel like I was in control of my body. I opened the door quietly and made my way outside into the cold, with no jacket. Just my tank top, Markus’ sweater, some pants and boots – I didn’t feel cold though.

            My feet were trudging through the thick icy snow. I had no clue which way I was going, it was way too dark to see, but I had a feeling I was going to the one place I had no intention of going by myself. My eyes were heavy like someone put twenty pound weights inside of them while I was sleeping, my vision was blurrier than usual and my brain felt like mush. Am I sleep walking? No… I can’t be! How would I be asking that if I was asleep? I sighed and made it to the park after a few minutes of slow walking. No one was awake in the small neighborhood. I guess everyone worked the same shift or something. Anyways, I  made it over to the swing-set and leaned against it. I was really tired and over-exhausted, not from the walk, just from everything that has happened in my life. From getting my own apartment, working for a crazed boss, falling in love, moving out of my apartment, getting haunted by some paranormal bastard from another world…it really took its toll on me.

            Something other than will-power made me move forward, to the direction of the well. No… Please! Anywhere but there.

            QUIET! A voice other than mine sounded in my head. My eyes widened and I started to tear up,

            “Why are you doing this to me?” I whispered out.

            I TOLD YOU TO BE QUIET. I closed my eyes and tried to stop my legs from walking, but they went on, not caring that they were probably going to die with me tonight. I stayed quiet and left whatever was possessing me to keep going.

            You’re going to die, Abigaill Dakohlyn. Tonight is your final night. No matter how much you struggle you won’t get away. Nothing can stop me now.

            “Why do you want me dead? What did I ever do?” I tried fighting the thing inside me. We were nearly to the clearing where the well was.

            A minute of silence and struggling went by and we were there, about fifty feet away from the well.

            “No,” I whispered, “Please!” My legs began to move on the own, gradually moving closer to the well: 40 steps… 30 steps… 20 steps. Suddenly, my body froze when a flashlight was shown on me from behind. The thing that possessed me had fled and I turned around as someone yelled my name,

            “Abigaill!” I couldn’t see who it was because of the flashlight, but I knew the voice as if it was my own.

            “M-Markus…” I whispered; my voice was hardly there. He ran up to me,

            “What the hell are you doing here?” He yelled angrily.

            “I-I don’t know…” I looked down as he grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me to his car on the road on the other side of the woods.