Chapter Four: New Place

~Chapter Four

            An hour or so went by – instead of talking, I made him his bed on the pull out couch and gave him some warm blankets for the night. Since we weren’t officially dating yet, I couldn’t have him sleep in the same small bed of mine.

            “Is it okay if I sleep in my boxers? I don’t want to sleep in my nice work clothes.” He broke the silence and probably made it more awkward than it already was. I felt my face grow a little red,

            “S-sure, but take your clothes off after I leave you skank.” I smiled at him and he smiled back, we laughed a little and I gave him a big hug before we set our different ways to bed. We held onto each other for a few minutes, taking in each other’s smells, listening to one another breath. Me, since I was shorter, listening to his slow heartbeat.

            “So, Abigaill… Since I’ve already kissed you like four hundred times… would you mind… being a part of my life as my girlfriend?” He somehow made that statement into a really romantic line. I smile and nodded,

            “No duh I will. You know I love you.” I gave him a small peck on his cheek. His face went red, either with embarrassment or with love.

            “I love you too.” He smiled and looked at his bed, “Time for bed?” I nodded and hugged him tighter. He put a finger under my chin, tilted my head up then kissed me, for a while actually. We stood there in the middle of my apartment, holding each other, making out – it was warm. I pulled away tiredly and caught my breath,

            “Come on, get in bed,” I mothered him and pushed him onto his couch. He shook his head and crawled under his blankets. I kissed him one last time then went to my bedroom to go to sleep.

------x------

            Morning came across the room through the window around 7, when I woke up. I had had my dream, but I didn’t wake up screaming this time. I looked around the ceiling then heard shuffling outside my door. I sat up, “Markus?” I called out, but never got an answer. I lain back down, staring at the ceiling once again. The shuffling started up again. I groaned and got up out of bed and opened my door really slowly, the shuffling kept going on, and I looked out through the door.

            “Markus?” I opened the door a little more then looked over at the window – it was open, but Markus was dead asleep on the couch. I walked over to him, wrapping my blanket around myself tighter and went to close it. It slammed shut with a bang, one that stirred Markus awake.

            “A-Abigaill?” He sat up a little and rubbed his eyes, “What are you doing, sweetie?” He yawned and looked at me. I went to him and kissed his forehead.

            “Did you open that window?” I gestured to the window with my head as he looked at it.

            “No? Why?” He looked back at me with a freaked out look.

            “Well… It wasn’t open last night. I heard shuffling this morning and I thought you had gotten up and I really hope there isn’t a ghost in this apartment because I would book out of here sooo quickly.” He put a hand on mine to calm me down then pulled me down to lay next to him. With his arm wrapped around my stomach, holding me close to him, I lain my head on his arm and breathed slowly. He started sshh-ing me and rubbing my stomach a little bit. I closed my eyes once more and slowly fell back asleep in his arms.

            We slept for another two hours, until nine. The alarm on his phone jumbled me awake and I fell off the couch in surprise. I looked around then up at Markus who was staring down at me with a small smile,