eleven | happy

g r a c e

"grace, we should get you home," harvey whispered, nudging me and allowing me not to fall asleep. my head was on max's shoulder as his arm was around my back. i shook my head sleepily. "i cant...my mum.." i replied with a yawn and an overwhelming urge to fall asleep right then.

"c'mon grace. we can spend the night," max whispered into my ear. i smiled a little as he rubbed my back. "fine, but how is she?" i asked, getting up and stretching. "the doctor just told me she's doing fine," harvey said to me. i nodded but then stopped in confusion. how did i miss that?

"did i actually fall asleep?" i asked, looking at them both. they both nodded. "you've been asleep for like two hours," harvey replied with a small laugh.

"it's three a.m." max announced after looking at his phone for a time check. "we've been here for so long," i replied. it honestly felt like we'd gotten there just a few hours ago, when in reality, we'd been there all day and night.

-

once we got to my house, i let harvey sleep in the guest room since it was next to my room. he wanted to make sure i was okay by being right beside me apparently.

in my room, max sat on my bed, looking around. without thinking, i took of my sweatshirt, the shirt under it, and my sweatpants to get into some shorts and a t-shirt. i completely forgot max was there until i heard him heavily breathe out at me. i turned around with wide eyes.

"wow um.. we've been here before, now haven't we?" max jokingly said. i laughed a little and smiled. this felt so freaking weird.

i then grabbed my clothes and put my shorts on first. before i could put the shirt on, max decided to chime in. "wait, can i..can i touch your-your um.." he said, stumbling on his words and pointing to my belly.

"oh. yeah, of course," i replied with a smile as i went and stood up in front of him. he smiled excitedly. once i was positioned, max felt my stomach gingerly. i laughed a little. "i'm not going to break max. you can actually feel okay?" i said smiling at his shyness.

it was cute. he's a much different max than before. he looked at me and nodded with a smile. he then pressed a little on my stomach and one of the babies actually kicked a little. he smiled.

this was literally so adorable.

"andddd that's a great photo for the future!" harvey said, snapping a picture with his phone from behind us. max looked annoyed as harvey smiled at us nervously. "max don't hurt him," i said to him with a small laugh. he sighed. "aren't you supposed to be asleep or something?" max asked him. "eh i heard you two and thought: hey maybe they're being a cute little family right now. they might want a picture of it later!" harvey said giddily. i put my shirt on and turned around to face him. "well thank you harvey," i said with a laugh.

"my pleasure, m'lady," he said with a smile and a bow. he then looked down at my baby bump. "WOAH OH MY GOD. YOURE SO MUCH BIGGER!" he said, practically jumping up and down with excitement. "woahhh uncle harvey, calm down," i replied, placing a hand on his shoulder. he laughed a little. "sorry it's just so crazy that you're..you're part of the family now i guess," he said looking at me with a small smile. i hugged him. "thank you," i whispered into his ear. he nodded, understanding that the phrase he'd just said was exactly what i needed to hear.

"um..would you mind if i-" he started to ask before i cut him off. i laughed and nodded. "go ahead harvey," i replied, knowing he also wanted to touch my huge stomach. he touched it and the babies both kicked a few times. he smiled gleefully. "wow, they must really like you harvey," i said, making him look at me and smile even more.

-

soon, harvey went back to bed and max and i stayed up talking for just a bit more. it was mostly about the future. "you know, grace, as funny as it sounds, i can't wait to be a dad," max said, looking at me. i looked up at him. "really?" i asked surprised. "awww that's so cute!" i exclaimed with a giggle. "oh my god," he said with a laugh. "don't get mushy. i'm just sayin." he replied. "ohhh so now you're getting defensive," i laughed. he rolled his eyes playfully.

"no, i just was commenting on the situation," he replied, laying back into the pillows. he's so cute ahhh.

"mhm right. well i'm tired so goodnight," i said, getting into the bed and snuggling up the the covers. he laughed. "goodnight grace," he said, getting up and starting to leave. "wait. where are you going?" i asked, looking at him. "what do you mean?" he asked, looking at me in return.

"come cuddle with me," i said, closing my eyes and waiting. he laughed, got into the bed with me, and wrapped his arms around me. i nuzzled into his chest as his head was on top of mine. and that's how i fell asleep, happy.