Chapter 54 - Window Seat.

Start from the beginning

"No."

"So why was y'all bout ta' kiss at prom?"

"We weren't about to kiss, Jio-"

"Nah, y'all was 'bout to kiss." Jionni interrupted. "Das da' only reason why I socked his ass."

Melissa shook her head, throwing her hand in the air.

"I don't know I.....I don't know...I don't even like him...." Melissa mumbled as she stopped at a stoplight. "I probably just did it to make you jealous."

"Well dat' shit worked." Jionni scoffed. "Cause I wasn't gone let dat' nigga put his lips on you."

"Well at least he doesn't try to poison me with sleeping pills!"

Melissa turned to Jionni as he placed his tongue on the side of his mouth, cracking a small smirk.

"Touché, Lissa."

Melissa winked as Jionni looked down.

"Aye since I changed, you gotta change somethin' fa' me too, Lissa." Jionni said.

"I don't have to change SHIT after what you did to me lil boy!" Melissa giggled.

"Just one thang n' dassit."

"What Jionni?"

Jionni poked Melissa's leg as he tilted his head a little.

"Can you go back to wearin' yo skirt n' stockings?" Jionni asked.

"Ew no!" Melissa snarled. "Hell no!"

"Come on Lissa! You look nice n' jeans and all, but you look better in yo' school girl outfit." Jionni plead as he rubbed on her leg. "I miss seein' you walk down the halls in dat' prissy outfit."

As the light turned green, Melissa gave him a weird look and leaned back.

"Y'know, what the hell is wrong with you?" Melissa asked.

"What you mean?"

"Why did you think that it's 'okay' to punch Chase on prom night?" Melissa continued. "You can't fight every boy I come in contact with."

"A' course not. Just every nigga dat' try to get at you." Jionni smirked as he grabbed the back of the head seat.

"Well what are you gonna do when I leave to the Philippines in 2 weeks?"

Melissa watched the funny expression on Jionni's face flush as he sat up in his seat and gave Melissa a expressionless look. She knew that once she said that the fun mood was gone.

"So......you still leavin'?" Jionni asked.

Melissa placed her tongue on the side of her mouth and looked down as she pulled into the driveway of Jionni's home, parking the car and leaning back.

"Yeah. I'm still leaving." Melissa sighed. "I've gotta get out of the US for a little..."

Jionni unbuckled his seatbelt, opening the door to get out.

"But real shit, thanks fo' talkin' ta me again. That shit I did was foul as hell and I apologize fo' it." Jionni nodded. "I ain't mean to harm you like dat."

"Apology accepted."

Jionni looked down again and prepared to get up.

"Peace out, Lissa-"

"Wait."

Melissa leaned and gave Jionni a kiss on the cheek, waving at him.

"Peace, Jionni."