Chapter 13: Back to School

The school year started and Rory threw herself into school work more so than ever. She still hung out with Paris and Lane but for the most part if she wasn't at school she was studying. It was the only way she could busy herself enough not to think about Logan. Her mother had given her every form of the talk imaginable but yet she suddenly found herself wondering about what sex would be like, Logan brought out a passion in her she didn't know she had. She instant messaged with Logan frequently, as she did with Colin and Finn, but she still wasn't sure how he really felt. She found herself wondering if he thought about her as much as she thought about him.
Meanwhile Colin was noticing Logan was acting strange, suddenly his calender was wide open and he almost seemed mopey. "He can't seriously be that into Rory can he? He isn't acting like himself." Colin admitted to Finn one afternoon after class. "Mate I think he's falling." Finn admitted. "No, he can't be. That's my sister." Colin said in disbelief. "Mate you have to face it your sister is an incredibly gorgeous woman, and if not Logan someone will get her attention." Finn said as they headed back to their dorm. "Finn you're right but I still see Rory as my baby sister not as a woman." Colin admitted.

"Hey sweets, how are you doing." Lorelai asked Rory at breakfast on a Saturday morning. "I'm okay," Rory said. "What's up kid?" Lorelai asked sounding a bit concerned. "Nothing honestly mom I just miss Colin and the guys." She admitted. "Especially one particular guy you got close to this last summer." Lorelai said knowingly. "Well yeah." Rory said. "Mom I just I like him so much." "Oh sweets, it'll be okay." Lorelai comforted her as she held her close. "Thanks mom." Rory said as she headed back to her room. The next few months flew by and Rory had turned 16 and it was closing in on the holidays. Rory knew that Colin would soon be home for 3 weeks for Christmas and was excited to see him.
Once again Colin brought along Logan since his parents were traveling for the holidays and his sister Honor was spending the holidays with her boyfriend Josh. They walked in and Rory jumped up and embraced Colin in a giant hug. "Colin I've missed you so much I can't wait until next year when you're closer to home at Yale. Hi Logan glad you came for Christmas." "Hey Rory, glad to see you too. Don't worry I brought my cute pajamas this time." He said winking at her as she blushed a little. They spent the day hanging out and Lane and Paris along with Colin's on/off girlfriend Stephanie Vanderbilt joined too. Lorelai had already invited them all for Christmas eve and Christmas day. Logan and Paris quickly took her up on the offer since their families weren't really all about the Christmas spirit. Mrs. Kim decided it would be okay for Lane to join in as well since Christmas to her was only about religion and Lane promised to be religious at the McCrae's. Steph's family was big on the holiday but her being 18 she was free to do her own thing.
On Christmas Eve all of them including Lorelai, Andrew and Richie all got into their holiday pajamas and headed into the media room to watch Christmas movies. Richie was out after half of the first movie and Lorelai and Andrew headed to bed after the second movie. The teenagers continued watching movies and laughing once again Rory had ended up curled up with Logan. Lane and Paris were in the recliners and Colin and Steph were cozily snuggled on the other couch.