Chapter 1 -Meeting

Hey guys! I'm so excited to write this! How excited? Uh, well, this might be TMI, but I had to use the bathroom before writing this 😂 I assume you guys know the basics of a x Reader book, so Imma just go ahead and skip to the story! Hope you guys enjoy!

Reader's Pov:

I was going over some of the profiles for the noblemen that I had to meet starting next week when there was a knock on my chamber door.

"Yes?" I called out. "M'lady, His Majesty requests that you come to the Throne Room immediately. It's time." One of the guards spoke.

I sighed a quiet sigh. "Very well, I'll be out in a minute." I responded.

I gathered up my paperwork and put it in my desk drawer before standing up. I walk out into the hallway before being escorted to the Throne Room.

"Your Majesty, Princess (Y/n) is here." The guard announced. "Ah, good. Bring her in." I heard my father's voice rumble from the other side of the door.

The guard walked out of the doorway and bowed to me, as if giving me the okay to go inside. I give a small nod to him before walking inside to meet my father's full (e/c) eyes and a pair of steel blue color eyes.

"My daughter, it's nice of you to finally join us." Dad smiled at me. I smiled softly as well. "As ordered, I never leave my chambers without permission."

He chuckled. "Now we know that's never true! Which is why I want to introduce you to my personal guard, Levi Ackerman."

I turned towards the guard as he walked up to me. He stopped a few feet away from me before bowing. I gave a small curtesy to him as well before we both looked back at my father.

"He used to have the position as Captain of the Knights, but I gave him a promotion in role when I noticed his skills. And now today, Levi, you will be granted an even bigger role. I wish that you will protect my daughter with your life, no matter the cost."

Both mine and "Levi"'s eyes widened at his words. "You Majesty, are you sure you want to trust me with such responsibility?" He asked.

"I've trusted you with my life for some time now. Princess (Y/n) is no different. I am sure you can handle this job." Dad smiled at Levi reassuringly.

Levi nodded and bowed to him. "Thank you, Your Majesty." He then turned to me and bowed again. "I look forward to serving you."

I look at Dad and he smirks slightly, as if he was giving me the okay. I smile slightly in return before looking back at Levi.

"As do I, but I have one thing to explain to you. I am not your average damsel in distress. I can fight for myself. There may be times I get hurt or captured, and everyone has those times, even the greatest of fighters. And I'll expect you to be there at my aid when that happens." I said.

He nods. "I swear to my last breath." "And why are you so formal? Cut it out, its scaring the crap out of me.." I smirked before walking away. "Your duties start tomorrow, Levi!"

Levi's Pov:

Princess (Y/n) left the Throne Room to where I believe. I sigh at her attitude. She was already a handful, and I haven't even fully began serving her!

"Relax, Levi. You just need to get to know her on a personal level to fully get the hang of serving her. She expects you to read her like a book by tomorrow. That's why she's giving you until tomorrow to start your duties." The King stated.

"How do I do that, Your Majesty?" I asked him. "Did you forget about our library? Look up about our family history there and see what you can find." He advised.

I bowed to him in gratitude. "Thank you, Your Majesty." He nods. "Now go. I'll see you at breakfast tomorrow at (Y/n)'s side." He smiled.

That's a wrap for the first chapter! If you don't know where this is going, Levi and Reader are going to try and find out more about each other in the next couple of chapters before the next day, so the story is gonna start off slow. But I promise it'll pick up speed soon!! Until next time! 😊