~CHAPTER 10~TALKING~

Start from the beginning

Millie jumps up on the counter and crosses her legs.

"What're you thinking about Mills?" I ask leaning on the counter across from her.

"I'm just thinking about filming and filming one and two. I really miss it."

I smile, "Me too."

Millie sighs, "Before everything got so complicated...I just want everything to go back to the way it was."

I frown, "What do you mean?"

Millie shakes her head, "Never mind," she hops off the counter and goes into her room, closing the door softly.

I exhale. It's like my best friend is fog. Here for only a moment until she disappears.

~Millie's pov~

I close the door, collapsing onto my bed. Sadie and I have to go soon for filming. I'm not ready. I don't want to go. I just want to sit here and think.

My phone buzzes. I reach into my pocket and slide it out and into view.

Text message from: J 😊❤️

Jacob: Hey bae, wanna hang soon

Millie: I'm filming. I can't hang out for at least a month

Jacob: 😩 how am I gonna go that long without you?

Millie: haha idk

Jacob: love ya hottie 😛 ttyl 😈❤️😏💋😜

I put the phone down. He cares a lot. And I love him. But why do I feel so weird texting him? I shake my head. I'm just tired and stressed about filming.

Millie: I love you too. More than you know ❤️

I smile to myself and check the time. I sigh. I have to go.

And with that, I put my phone back into my pocket and head out the door.

~Finn's pov~

I look up as Noah comes back into the room.

"Where have you been?" I ask, with my eyebrows raised.

Noah turns to me, "I couldn't sleep so I hung out with Sadie. Millie was asleep so she was also super bored."

"Mmmhhhhmm," I went back to reading the thick book in my hands.

Noah smirks and sits next to me.

"Are you ready for filming today?" He asks me.

I shrug, "I don't know. It'll be nice to act again."

"Yea. I feel like it'll be a breath of fresh air for all of us."

"Yea," my phone buzzes. I pick it up, grinning at the screen.

"Who is it?"

I glance over at Noah, "Oh it's just Malcolm and Ayla."

"Cool. Oh! By the way, I listen to your EP everyday."

I burst out laughing and Noah chuckles with me, "Hey it's good!" He raises his hands in defense.

"Thanks Noah. That means a lot to me. It'll mean a lot to the band too."

"Hey. Speaking of the band, you should invite them to set sometime to give us a little concert."

"That'd be cool. I'll ask them now."

CaLpUrNiA 🙃

Finn: yo dudes

Ayla: hey wolfhard

Malcolm: hallooooo

Finn: I was talking to Noah and he said he really liked our music

Malcolm: Noah knows good music when he hears it

Ayla: tell him thanks

Finn: Then we started talking and he said that the cast and crew would love a little concert at set sometime

Malcolm: OH YEET

Ayla: Wtf Malcolm 🙄 😂

Ayla: and I'm down for a lil concert

Finn: cool

Finn: are you guys really okay with this?

Ayla: of course! I've met Gaten and Caleb and they're super cool. I'm excited to play some tunes for them

Malcolm: Yea those two are cool dudes

Ayla: we can officially meet the other people in the cast now

Finn:😃 cool beans

I turn back to Noah, "They said that it'd be cool to play for the cast and crew. They wanted to meet you guys too."

Noah beams, "That's so cool!" He checks the time, "I should get ready," he hops up, humming the chorus of Blame.

I laugh, looking back down at the pages of my book.