1

Lilith's POV

         Getting off of Jughead's bike, I wearily eye the damaged school in front of us. Staying as close as possible to Jughead we make our way into the school, two lines are formed ahead of us. As we get closer to the metal detectors, I feel fear and anxiety begin to take over. "Juggy, I'm scared." Looking up at my twin I see his hardened face soften at my words. "Don't worry Lili we'll be okay." Taking my hand we begin down the hall after going through the metal detectors we're met with a pink haired girl, holding up her camera she snaps a picture.

       "Forsythe Pendleton Jones III & Lilith Ophidian Jones." Holding out her hand we both exchange greetings, "Uh it's Jughead and Lili, actually." Jughead still unsure of who she was. 

        "I'm Toni Topaz, I was supposed to give you guys the full animatronic tour, but some robots went insane and started killing the guest, so, we'll just wing it." Giggling at Toni's joke, she looks over to me and smiles.

     Letting Jughead take the lead, Toni walks us down the hall, "Classrooms don't have Wi-Fi, bathroom stalls don't have doors- " "What about the Red and Black?"

     Facing Jughead Toni explains, "Yeah, it no longer exists. Censorship? Budget cuts? Take your pick." Making eye contact with Jughead, I give him a small frown, "You'll find Jingle-Jangle being consumed in its natural habitat." confused at the words jingle jangle I ask, "I'm sorry, Jingle Jangle?"

        "This place is crawling with the JJ. A highly addictive total gutter drug. So let's not touch that." Toni's explanation was enough to make Lili understand the effects of the drug. 

                          "Jingle Jangle. Fascinating." Jughead jokes with me

                "All right. Here in the cafetorium, Ghoulies sit over there.-" Toni motions to the left side of the cafeteria, glancing to look at them I shudder as I catch a curly haired guy staring at me causing me to hide behind Jughead even more. "-Rival gangs, drug dealers, street racers, rumors of cannibalism. Don't ask. And we sit over there.-" Tonie points to the right side of the cafeteria to the tables of teens staring up at them, "-With the Serpents."

                 Looking at the table my eyes lock with one of the Serpents, his dark brown eyes seemingly pierce mine as if trying to read me. Jughead begins to speak causing me to break eye contact with the Serpent, "You're a Southside Serpent?" 

                "Why do you think that I volunteered to give you guys the tour?" Toni looked at Jughead as if he was stupid, "Actually, Lili and I are going to sit alone. Just, you know, finish my book and brood." My brain begins to scatter as I take in Jugheads words, looking up at him and whisper, "Juggy I think we should sit with them. The Ghoulies keep on staring at us." 

              "I'm confused. Aren't you guys Serpent by blood? The son and daughter of FP Jones?" Toni asks

             "We identify as loners, not pack animals. I'm just going to put my head down and try to get through this, so is Lili, Okay?" Jughead begins to speak for me, making me feel belittled. Looking down I feel tears begin to form in my eyes but they don't fall.

               "Hey, you wanna get through this, both of you should hang out with the Serpents. If the Ghoulies get whiff of you guys alone or worse vulnerable, they'll make you their bitch father than you can say American History X." Toni starts to become pissed off at Jughead. Toni turns towards me, "Are you gonna want to sit with us?" I've never been asked what I want, people always ask Jughead and assume he speaks for me.