Chapter 6 - Hank

I took a sad bite into my burger, "I can't believe we lost it." I said with my mouth full of food.

"You should eat with your mouth closed, [Y/N]." Connor said, he straighten his back and his placed his hands on his lap. Connor sat at the table with no food in front of him. Once in a while, his eyes would wander to my burger and coke.

"I do what I please." I growled, chewing with my mouth open again. "Look at that! A fun fact about me."

Connor eyed my food suspiciously. Then he looked back at me and said, "Do you think Lieutenant Anderson is okay?"

I swallowed hard. Is Hank in trouble? The old man is extremely sarcastic, somewhat funny, but he sure has a lot of demons. Connor seemed to notice my confusion and grabbed my hand. I looked down where he intertwined his hand with mine and I let out a silent sigh.

His hand felt cold against my warm hand. I wanted to slap him across the face for making me feel flustered, but at the same time I wanted him. Why do things have to complicated?

"If you need any help with your feelings, Detective. I am here to help. I'm trained to adapt to human unpredictability. It's one of my features." He gave me a cocky smile. I could feel my ovaries explode from that one smile.

I pulled my hand away from his and dropped my burger in the trash can next to the table. Connor's gaze kept following my movement.

"I'm fine, Connor. I'm sure Hank is fine. But what about you?"

Connor's shoulder turned stiff, "I'm not sure, Detective. The day after I went to your apartment, there was another deviant. An android with a child." I sat next to him, nodding.

"It managed to escape — I failed." His voice started to seep with emotion, "then with the other android that fell. I failed again."

"People fail all the time, Connor." I started to say but he cut me off.

"—But I'm not people, can't you tell? I'm an android designed to succeed. Amanda has already warned me not to fail again or there will be consequences."

I scrunched my eyebrows. "Amanda?"

"Amanda is an AI in my software that monitors the investigation of androids deviancy."

"So she's a voice in your head." I asked, playing with the back of his soft, luscious brown hair. Connor let out a soft moan, that caused me to drop my hand. My stomach tightened, my mouth turned into an 'O' shape.

Did he just let out a sound of pleasure? Connor's sigh played in my mind for a few times before I forcibly took it out of my mind. Stop it [Y/N]! Be professional!

"That's unusual. I don't know what got over me." Connor admitted, his LED was red. I noticed that whenever Connor feels a certain emotion his LED would change color. It makes me wonder if he is feeling the same tension I feel when I'm with him?

"What else does Amanda tell you?" I decided to change the conversation for my sake. I don't think I would be able to handle another sexual tension from him without jumping on him like a predator.

Connor didn't say anything for a good minute. His eyes met mine, "to not get close to you."

"You are telling me that a woman in your head is preventing you from getting close to your partner?" I wanted to laugh so badly but I held it in; instead, a snort came out. "Is she your mother or something?"

"This is so no laughing matter, Detective." Connor's gaze penetrated mine, "you may be a nice-looking human but I won't let that intrude my mission. And she didn't give birth to me, androids don't have mothers."