The Black Knight Prt 2

Start from the beginning

“I may wish to kill the Minister, and those who would fight for him. But I won’t do it as a traitor, but as a loyal general.” I finished, and Lloyd was silent for a moment, before letting out a chuckle.

“Damn. I admit, I am surprised.” Llyod said. “Here I thought you disagreed with her, but glad to see there more to it. And happy to see we are really the good guys.”

“No.” I said. “We aren’t the good guys. We are those who simply wish the best for all. There is no good in this land.” I said, looking at the map now. Soon……

(The next day)

The Jaegers arrived early so we could properly plan. Jaffar returned with information about two possible paths with Najenda, however one was said to be the territory of some bandit gangs, so odds are they either were unaware that a Revolution general was among them, or they knew and wanted something out of it. Either one didn’t sound too good. The other path was through a canyon, with cliff walls providing an excellent ambush point. Only two ways in and out. None if you pull it off right.

No matter what, we couldn’t risk letting Najenda escaping.

“Then we should just split up the two teams. That way we are both covered.” Wave suggested. It wasn’t that bad of an idea, but I had the feeling Night Raid was targeting a certain member among the Jaegers. Compared to us, the Jaegers did pose more of a threat and given history between a few and Night Raid members, I could see anyone of them being a major target. But I could be an able target as well.

“I will head down the east path. My fangs will follow behind in secret. Esdeath, you and your Jaegers with take the west path.” I said, causing a few eyebrows to raise.

“You mean to put yourself in plain sight? Why?” Esdeath asked.

“I have the feeling that they plan to split the Jaegers up, so that they can take out any member of your team, without you around. Anyone one of us is a high profile target. With you and I being number one. I say we bate them.” I said.

I can tell Esdeath didn’t like this idea. Ever since our kiss, Esdeath has been a bit protective of me. She doesn’t stop me from being sent out on missions, but I notice her either being really close to me, or watching me like hawk. So seeing that look in her eyes, that was the look of disapproval at my plan. “This plan will ensure that everyone survives. Not just that, but perhaps I can take one or two of them out.” I said. “Besides, I wish to see my old Mentor again.”

Nobody spoke up to say anything, even Esdeath. “So it’s decided. My Fangs will take a small path her along the Eastern route. I will head down the Canyon myself and see if my theory holds true. While the Jaegers will head down the Western path, and if Night Raid is hiding among the bandits, then least they will have to face all of the Jaegers.” I said, and everyone nodded, everyone but Esdeath.

Everyone began to make sure they were ready to travel, when Esdeath pulled me aside. “I don’t like your plan, at all.” Esdeath said. “And yet you cannot argue with it. It will work, and you don’t have to worry. If I can stand against you, then not many can even scratch me.” I said, gripping Alondite tightly. “Still.” Esdeath removed my helmet. Our eyes meeting as she put her hands on my cheeks.

“Listen. I know your disapproval is because of-” I began but Esdeath placed her finger on my lips, before leaning up and kissing me. Still surprised, though not as much, I felt myself kiss her back, my hands being placed on her hips. After a few seconds, Esdeath let me go and smiled. “You better come back to me. And I want to hear you confess to me.” Esdeath said, placing my helmet back on. I chuckled softly. “I will.” I said and the pair of us left the apartment.