Chapter 5: The Crisis

As soon as Mark sees his transparent chest, he gasps hugely confused from all this and almost faints but controls himself and his chest gets back to normal. "Okay, so.... my gem was in my chest.... all this time and I had no clue. Please tell me I am dreaming... or at least hallucinating" Mark says to Jason exhausted. "I don't think you are but there's something really odd" Jason says "Odd than the glowing gem in my chest?" Mark asks rhetorically "Yes" Jason replies "Whenever I touch stone and morph my body parts, a piece of my gem glows in my right hand *Jason demonstrates* that's normal I guess, but I have never been able to create stone itself" Jason explains and he adds "Furthermore it looks like you are exhausted from creating this glass wall, so stamina of a person might be in a play too." "I don't understand" Mark says "I think while you concentrated, you put your entire body's effort to morph it but because you created the glass itself, it resulted in your stamina being exhausted" Jason explains "And you think I'm able to create glass because I have unbroken gem whereas you have a broken one" Mark says "It might be the case" Jason replies. "So how are you going to find the remaining pieces of your gem?" Mark asks "The detector should be searching for the remaining pieces of stone gem but it brought me to you. I don't know if there are any recoverable pieces after that incident" Jason replies with sigh.
*Mark's phone buzzes and he picks it up* "Yeah man, What's up!..... The news? What's going on?.....You sure?........ Oh my god.....Yeah Yeah I'm in a safe place.....No no don't worry about me man, you just stay safe, okay?......Okay bye" *Mark hangs up the phone* "What happened?" Jason asks "Looks like we found one of your stone gem's broken piece"

-behind the barricade outside a bank on the other side of the city-

*loud thuds* "What's the situation inside the bank, officer?" Commissioner Clive asks a fellow officer "We got an abnormal inside the bank trying to break the vault for the last 15 minutes. The five officers sent to capture the guy were KIA. We have set up the barricade to stop him from escaping but our guys are still not sure if that'll stop him." "What do you mean?" "Our bullets doesn't work on him sir, and the security feed shows the guy with a skin of stone" "My god, first that explosion and now this. Call all units and tell them to bring heavy weaponry, the bigger the better." *Louder thud and the ground shakes* "Sir looks like he broke into the vault" "Ready your men to open fire on my command" Clive shouts. (If the special unit doesn't reach in time then god help us all *he thinks*) *He picks up the loudspeaker* "You have nowhere to go, we have you surrounded. Surrender yourself or we'll be forced to take serious measures" *silence* "You can't escape with the money, surrender yourself and end this now. Your punishment will be reduced" *silence* *a shadow appears in the dust* "I just broke a vault that can withstand an RPG blast head on, the bullets your men fired didn't even itch me *A huge 10 foot guy made out of stone comes out of dust and debris* What makes you think that you or your men can stop me?" *he grunts* "Fire!" Clive shouts and all the officers open fire on the mysterious man. The bullets bounce off off his body and he smirks. He jumps very high and pounds the ground with his both hands as he falls. The impact makes a huge crater on the ground and shoots out lots of debris. The shockwave destroys the barricade and throws the officers in a frenzy. Clive barely gets up after surviving the shockwave and sees the huge beast in front of his eyes "So commissioner, Do you still think I should be the one surrendering?" He lifts Clive up by holding his head with his right hand and looks him in the eye. "This city should surrender to me" he says. "To that... I say...." Clive breaks while saying and the guy gets close to hear clearly. Clive spits on his face. The guy gets furious and pulls his huge fist back in anger and releases it enormously fast toward Clive. Clive closes his eyes and a huge punch dislocates the jaw and throws the abnormal sideways while Commissioner falls from two feet above the ground. He sees a ramp made of glass right before his eyes.

-10 minutes before-
-driving-
"Do you really think you can take on this  guy?" Jason asks while driving. "We have no choice, at this rate he's gonna kill many people and besides you are here to support me" Mark replies "Who? me? No No No. Did you even see that guy, he's twice as tall as me. He'll crush me" "Don't worry I have a plan, You can morph your whole body into stone right?" "Yes but what does that have to do with anything?" "Ever went to bowling?" "Ye..a.h..?!" "All we need is a strike" "Please tell me you are kidding" "Give me the wheel" Mark takes on the wheel and explains the plan. "I don't like your plan one bit" Jason says "You don't need to, you just need take responsibility for your actions" "Alright, I guess all this is my fault, but will you be able to create glass even after you've exhausted your stamina?" "I had two or three energy drinks before we left the warehouse, that should amount to something, right?" "You are gonna get us killed."

-to be continued-
-Chapter 6: Battle Stone-