"I'm gonna get back to work."

"Justine-"

"What!" I snapped, my tiredness of him growing.

"I'm sorry okay. I just... I don't want us to hate each other okay. Can't we be civilized?"

"Good bye Trent."

Shaking his head, Trent releases his hold on me before leaving the room and I waited a few seconds before doing the same. The rest of the shift goes by painfully slow with the hospital having more and more patients while all I wanted to do was prop my aching feet on a chair.

By 5 I was so overwhelmed that when the next shift of nurses arrived, I was close to fainting. It took me another half hour to get out of there and I groaned as I flagged a taxi. My car needed to be picked up and with the overcast sky above me threatening to burst at any moment, I hurriedly got in before directing the man to the auto repair shop.

By six I was speeding down the semi crowded streets on my way home and the once threatening sky broke, forcing me to decrease my speed. 'Secret love song' blasted from the passenger seat of my car and I pulled over as I searched my bag for my cell.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mrs. Robinson. Is your shift over?"

"Paulette?" I asked as the rain made it hard to hear.

"You bet that sweet ass it is."

I chuckled as I shook my head before leaning back in my seat. "I was just about to head home. Why?"

"Well, I miss you and thought it'd be a great idea for us to grab a few drinks."

"Don't you have a shift?"

"Am... yes but I just got off and so I'm awkwardly standing next to the building because the rain is pouring."

"I-"

"Don't tell me you're embarrassed to be seen with me while you're completely sober."

"No, I just-"

"Great. So I'll see you in a bit?"

"Fine."

Rolling my eyes, I threw my phone back on the seat before heading to the restaurant where she worked. Within minutes I was pulling to a stop and Paulette threw her coat over her head before running over. Throwing my bag to the back, I watched as she slammed the door shut before dropping her jacket to the floor.

"Hi." I greeted.

"Hi."

"Where do you wanna go?"

"That's my girl!" She mocked, grabbing her seatbelt and buckling in. "I know this great club on pepper street, maybe we could go there."

"Are you talking about black panther?"

"That's the one. There's a BDSM club above that the wife runs while the husband runs downstairs. It's the hottest spot right now."

"We could go to Seeta's bar down on fifth if you want. It's closer to your apartment is it not?"

"Yea but a lot of people I know will be there and I won't be able to feel your hot body pressed against mine since they all think I'm straight." Paulette responded while reaching over and gently caressing my thigh.

"You're not out?" I asked, completely surprised.

"It's not a secret, I just don't socialize with them so they're in the dark about me. Us together, especially with the things I wanna do to you, will definitely make them aware of who I choose to see."

She winks at me and I roll my eyes.

"Fine, black Panther it is."

Putting the car in drive we silently headed to pepper street as Sam Smith's songs blasted through my speakers and with every stop light passed, I felt my heart grow heavier as I dreaded seeing Ms. T again.

Would she acknowledge my presence?

Would she even care that I would be there with another woman?

Is she over me?

They were stupid questions to be thinking about but all my thoughts seemed to be consumed by her.

Her body, her touch, her dominance.

I wanted her and I felt horrible about it.

She was happily married and she had a job she loved. I don't know if I'm the first person to fall for her... the first hypocrite... but I did know I wouldn't be the last. She was drop dead gorgeous and her ability to dominate knew no bounds. She made you want to avert your eyes whenever she looked at you and yet, you couldn't turn away from her stare.

Taking a deep breath, I tried to push all thoughts of her to the back of my mind as I pulled into the club's parking lot. Paulette was already getting out of the car and even though my heart rate doubled, I refused to chicken out. I was here with her and nothing or no one else should matter.