My dad was on a date. I did not know that those words together would make me that happy, but it did. I got so caught up with wanting her to be back with my mom, hating on mom's boyfriend-even though I know, he truly was evil-, and had been ignoring their happiness. I, then, realized that as long as they were happy with their choices, then I would be happy too.

"So tell me, how was it?" I wiggled my eyebrows and he shook his head again, now standing up, ready to leave me hanging. "Oh come on!" He walked towards the stairs, just totally ignoring my well being. "Dad!" I screamed out, but still, no word. Well, his face already told me that there would be a second date, and for that, I was glad.

...

Morning came way too quick and I had to face another day of being a high school student. Kyle honked his car from in front of my house and I ran downstairs to grab an apple for my breakfast since I woke up a little late. As I was going for the front door, I saw a paper bag with writings on it that said,

"Eat.

-Travis"

I chuckled and grabbed it, before running out of the house and locking the door behind me. When I opened the passenger seat to Kyle's Mustang, I saw a bouquet of lilacs just sitting there waiting for me to sit on top of it. Lucky enough I saw it before the accident could happen.

"That was incredibly sweet. Thank you." I said, trying to balance my bag, lunch, and flowers all on my laps. He grinned so big and gave me a quick peck on my lips before driving off to school.

The drive to school was just equally fun as before we were a couple and I loved it. I loved how he did not change one bit and was still the Kyle I liked to call my best friend. Apart, of course, the heart-breaker part. I hope. He parked his car and we shared one long kiss before we had to face the whole school with its never ending dramas. Let's just get this over with.

"How do you feel about holding my hand?" He asked as we walked out the car towards the entrance of our school building. I shook my head in disbelief that he had to ask that and took his hand. I was not at all ashamed of this, why would I care if he held my hand? I would not before.

As we walked in, I could feel that eyes were on me. I could not place if it was due to my infamous date with the school's soccer captain that took place a couple of days back, or if they found out about my new relationship with my old partner-in-crime.

"Oh. My. God." The cheerful Hannah greeted the two of us just two steps into the building. "How did you do it with Jonathan? THE Jonathan? Was it good? How was he? Girl, tell me everything." Mother of...

"What?" Kyle beat me to it and Hannah quickly averted her gaze to the very-tense boy standing right next to me. "What are you talking about?" He asked through gritted teeth. This is not good.

"Jonathan told everyone that he took Lillian's V-card! Did she not tell you? She must have, right?" He looked at me with fire that I could almost see on his eyes, and I shook my head sternly.

Of course, he believed me, but he would be the only one. Why on earth would Jonathan make that up.

Kyle let go of my hand abruptly and that was when I knew there was trouble.

"Kyle! Wait up!" I quickly told Hannah that I never did and never wanted to ever even touch Jonathan and ran to catch Kyle. I lost track of him, but that was before I saw people running towards the soccer field.

Not good.

People were standing there, watching an almost lifeless Jonathan lying on the ground with Kyle standing close to him. Seeing this, I squeezed my way in between the crowd to get closer to the centers of attention.

I ran to Kyle as I got freed from the crowd just before he got to throw another punch. "Kyle, please, stop." I begged him. I stared right into his eyes as he looked back, trying to calm down the anger that was so palpable. He took a deep shaky breath and took one last look at Jonathan's deformed face.

"Make another fucked up lie and I will personally end your life, you understand?"

Jonathan, however, snorted at Kyle's words and responded, "Piece of shit. I tapped her before you and you just got jealous." Oh no, he did not.

I could see Kyle's fist clenching firmly and I pulled him closer to me by the arm and kissed his lips with every emotion I felt in me. I was angry, I was frustrated, but on top of it all, I was tired of people using me. However, all those emotions were washed away as I pulled back from the only person who understands and respects me. I, then, looked at Jonathan and said, "We'll let people be the judge of who to believe." before pulling Kyle out of the crowd.

...

"I just don't get why I'm suspended and not him?!" He said, pacing back and forth for what seemed to be the 72nd time in the past half an hour.

"Well, you did ruin his face." I said calmly, trying to assure passersby in the park that we were sane.

"Yeah, but he deserved it?" He said, clearly annoyed at the whole situation.

Surely, I was too, but there was nothing we could have done. As horrible as what Jonathan did was, the teachers just took visible facts. And that happened to be shown all over Jonathan's lying face.

I knew I needed to calm Kyle down instead of adding fuel to the fire, nevertheless. "Hey, I'll take all the notes you need while you're suspended, okay? I'll double learn everything for you. I'll even get you your chocolate pudding for lunch. I just need you to calm down for now and come sit with me. Let's talk about something else." He sighed and plopped down next to me. I held his hand, stroking it gently. "Did you know that my dad went out on a date last night?" I looked at his eyes for his reaction and of course, just like me, his eyes widened in disbelief.

"Like with a real woman?"

"No, I think she was a sloth." Kyle furrowed his eyebrows at my words and I laughed uncontrollably at how gullible my boyfriend could be. "Of course, a real woman, Kyle. Is it that hard to believe? My dad isn't that bad looking is he?"

He shook his head way too quick, I was scared he would need a surgery too. "No! That's not what I meant." He defended himself, still shaking his head. "But I thought he was still in love with your mom?"

I nodded my head. "I thought so too." I said, still finding myself stroking Kyle's hand. Is it weird that it relaxed me more than it did him? "But he's convinced that she has moved on. And I honestly think it's better for him to move on too." I looked at him who was then staring at the kids on the park. "What are you thinking about?" He looked back at me and smiled.

"I want one of those." He said, nodding at the direction of where the kids were playing.

"I...don't know if they're for sale..." He pushed my head away jokingly and I started laughing.

"No, Destiny. I meant kids. I want kids one day. Hopefully with you." He stared at my eyes and I couldn't help but smile. "Not anytime soon, of course, but I just want mini you, running around the house with a french bulldog chasing her, you know? Then you would tell her to stop, but I would chase you and we can join the party." He sighed and I could see that he was hurt. And I could guess what caused it.

I took his other hand and held both of his hands tightly with mine. I really am in love with this boy. "I will keep on fighting. We will get there one day." I said quietly with the tears that I did not realize were there, rolling down my cheeks. I grabbed his chin and asked, "You'll help me, right?" He closed his eyes for a mere second and nodded his head.

"Of course."

It was heartbreaking to even think that I did not want him or anyone else to find out about my cancer. I felt intensely selfish. I did not want them to think that I was weak, when now they are the ones showing me their weakness about the day I leave them forever.

I need to tell my dad.

---