Puppies

'About to tear into some cupcakes before plane ride. :) Jetlag kills. Sorry I didn't reply to your selfie last night, Blondie. I fell asleep'

Summer read the message, thinking of what to do for her selfie. She called Dante over and took the cutest puppy selfie, that she knew he would like. She doesn't know why she should impress him. I mean, yeah he's attractive. Well, more than attractive, Summer really just wanted to poke his squishy looking face. She only started talking to him a couple days ago.

\\

It was an hour till midnight and Beth was still at the shop, decorating cakes. If she saw one little mistake, she had to fix it. She heard footsteps and jumped, seeing it was just her mom.

"Honey, go home." Her mom said, looking worried.

Summer rubbed her eyes, not even caring about her mascara anymore. "No, I need to finish decorating these cakes."

Her mom sighed and bent down to pet Dante, who was sleeping.

"Is this what you want to do, Summer?" Summers mom said.

"What?"

"Do you want to be baking and decorating for the rest of your life, Summer?"

Summer stumbled on her words, thinking. Did she really want to work at the shop her whole life? Sure, she wanted to help out and she loved all the workers here like family, but is this her absolute dream? To decorate and bake and Dream Creams?

Summer set down the frosting and sat down in one of the stools.

"No."

"Well, what do you want to do?" Summers mom said, sitting down on a stool, as well.

"This may seem childish, mom, but have you seen the movie, 'A Turtles Tale'? Ya know, the one with the turtle named Sammy and Shelly?" Summer said, completely serious.

Her mom slightly smiled before nodding.

"Yeah, you used to love that movie."

"I still do. Do you remember the part of the movie where those people rescued him because he was too cold?"

Her mom nodded and Summer continued.

"I want to work somewhere like that. Work with injured sea animals and get them back to help, then release them in the ocean." Summer said, smiling at the idea.

"I think that's the perfect job for you, Summer. You do know you'll have to go to college and get a degree or whatever to be able to do that?"

"Yeah, I've actually already looked at it. There's bad news, though." Summer frowned.

"Well, what is it?"

"There's a college in the UK, or I take it online. There's a marine place already in the UK, though." Summer softly said.

"Honey, I'm saying the smartest thing to do is take the college online. You just moved into the apartment, you're just eighteen and you've never been to a school. If I was you, I'd take it online, get your degree, and head on over to the UK." Summers mom said, sad and happy at the same time.

Summer smiled and hugged her mom before picking the icing back up.

"Honey, you may not like this, but I don't want you working like an employee here much anymore. I feel like you're way too stressed and you look absolutely exhausted. You need to lay off on the shop. Yes, you can still come in and help, get paid and stuff, but not as much."

Summer was staring at her mom in shock. This place was her second home. She's always worked here. Yeah, sometimes she wanted to strangle some people with the most ridiculous requests, but she still loved it. Although, she honestly did need a break. She always had bags under her eyes, and always seemed to be worrying about the orders. She could definitely use some major time off.

"And besides, you just got this little guy-" Bums mom said, looking at Dante. "And you need to spend some time with him."

Summer smiled and put the icing down, putting the cake that was almost ready in the fridge. Summer walked over to her mom to thank her and hug her. Her mom, or Janet, hugged her tight and told her to go home and don't show up to the shop no matter what for a week.

//

Summer was smiling to herself, while driving. She checked on Dante (who she buckled up) in the back seats of her car. Better safe than sorry, right? Dante didn't seem to mind. Summer was excited for what was coming in her life. Finally working her way to what she wanted to do, it was exciting. She had to tell her friends and Tyler. She parked in the parking lot and pulled Dante out of the car, walking towards the building, before bumping into someone who was walking out.

"Oh I'm sorry- Aw, look at the puppy, what's its name?" A tall guy with very bushy hair said, looking up at me.

"His name is Dant-" Summer stopped in her tracks, recognizing who she was talking to.

"Recognized me, didn't you? I was actually driving away from the paps and I just drove here and walked in, just exploring. So, what's his name?" He laughed, petting Dante

Summer laughed and thought about what luck she had. "His name's Dante, I just got him today. I met Jacko and now his mate, Brennen Taylor. Boy would a couple of girls like to be in my shoes right now." She laughed, not meaning to blabber.

"Oh, you're the cupcake girl?!" Harry said excitedly.

"Yeah, I guess." Summer said, getting caught off guard from her from vibrating.

"Jacko was saying how flustered you looked. By the way, those were amazing cupcakes. Oh, shit, a pap. Gotta go!" Harry said, pulling on his hood and looking down, like he lived around her building.

Summer laughed, walking in her building, rethinking of her conversation with Jacko , then her conversation with Brennen . What's next? Elton Castee?

\\

Summer just got out of the shower, noticing her phone vibrating, again. She checked her phone to see it was him. He had sent her at least five selfies. Summer was laughing at the faces he had chose. He's so freaking adorable to her. He had taken a selfie with two dogs, making a cute face. The other four were just him making funny faces. The last text had a frowny face and a puppy, with the caption, 'where's my selfie buddy? :('

Summer slightly laughed at him. She wondered who he was, but that was against the rules. She thought of a good selfie to take. She pulled her hair forward, letting its wet waves hang loose. Dante had been laying on her bed, Summer not minding. She got next to Dante, taking a cute selfie with him.

\\

Colby was trying to think of clever selfies to take, when he got a text back. He cursed under his breath, seeing the hot blonde in the selfie. Her hair was wet and wavy, along a little baby puppy, who was asleep.

'I'm right here, buddy. I had to get a Dante selfie. c:'