#001 the day after

Warning: Bullying, some homophobic language. 

Words: 1876 

•••

It was the first day back to school after the whole Bram/Blue ferris wheel thing happened

It was the first day back to school after the whole Bram/Blue ferris wheel thing happened. I haven't been more happier. I got up and got dressed. I walked down the stairs to Nora making some other random fancy breakfast she saw made on some cooking channel. Not going to lie, it tasted really good. I hopped in the car, started it up and played Surrender by Walk the Moon and drove off to pick up Nick and Leah.

I rounded up to Nick's place and he hopped into the back seat. I backed up into Leah's driveway and she sat in the passenger seat. We stopped by the coffee house and got 5 ice coffees. Then we rounded up to Abby's house and she jumped in the back sitting next to Nick. Bram's house was a little out of the way but we still picked him up. Leah climbed out of the passenger seat and into the back as Abby scooted over. Bram took the passenger seat. I quickly pecked him good morning and we were off to school.

When we arrived, I looked over to Bram before taking his hand. Bram hesitated because he wasn't fully out to the school so I quickly let go but then he gave me a reassuring smile and took my hand in his. We headed in to school and I could hear people whispering all around us. Some people gave us small smiles that looked like they were proud of us but others looked disgusted. I squeezed Brams hand for reassurance as he looked a little terrified and effected by the looks we were given.

We headed to first period that we had together, English. We quickly took our seats next to each other on the couch. Leah, Abby, Nick and Garrett all filed in quietly as class began. Just knowing that Bram was there, made all the difference in the world. Throughout the whole 75 minute class, I couldn't concentrate on what we were doing, I was to busy thinking about out intertwined hands. After the bell rang signifying period 2, Bram and I went our different ways.

The second period 2 started, I got a text message from Bram. I quickly picked up my phone and checked it. As soon as I opened it, two guys in my class walked by saying 'fag' and hit me upside my head. I just sighed and ignored them, pulling out my work and quietly getting ready for class. Half an hour into class when the teacher turned away, I felt a paper ball hit my head. I subconsciously opened it, guessing what it contained. On the paper was a graphic photo of two guys... you probably know. I crumpled the paper back up frustrated, trying to stay calm as I looked around the room trying to figure out who drew it. I turned around and saw three guys snickering behind me. When the period was finally over, I raced out of the room. Thankful that next period Abby and Leah were in my class. I speed walked and met them outside of the class.

"Hey so Leah and I- Si? What's wrong?" Abby asked me, clearly seeing distress upon my face.

"This." I said while taking out the paper that was previously thrown at me and handing to the Abby and showing Leah. They both looked at it quickly before Abby re folded it up, stuffing it in the back pocket of her jeans.