Chapter 12

I was over the moon happy now that Cam was back home with me

I was over the moon happy now that Cam was back home with me. I kept him at my side and in my sight at all times. I just could not believe that he was really hear with me again. And that he was here to stay.

It was a dream come true. The next morning, I woke in his embrace. I open my eyes. I had not slept all that well. I was afraid that if I closed my eyes then I was going to wake and to find that Cameron was gone. But here he was. Sleeping. And holding me.

Happy tears begin to flow. I spent most of the night crying with joy. Cameron tried his best to console me. I sniff as quiet as I can, so I did not wake Cameron.

He needed his rest after I had kept him up all night long crying. I hold his hand in mine. Our fingers link together. I kiss the top of his hand. My tears splatter on his hand a little bit. I brush the tears off his hand.

"Jayla why are you crying again?" I hear Cam whisper to me softly.

I sigh. "I did not mean to wake you up" I mutter. He turns me to face him. Looking me with the most serious gaze. He touches my chin with his hand.

"I love you. I am not going anywhere" he promises me. "Never forget that babe" he reminds me. He leans in kissing me good morning.

"Mmmm..." I mutter as a smile crosses my face while he kisses me.

"I missed you to" he reminds me.

I laugh. "Why can't you cry for me then? Why do I keep blubbering like this?" I wonder out loud.

"Because you had a horrible thing happen. Just like death. But I did not die" he says. "I only went away. But to you it felt like I had died"

I nod. He was right. I lean in kissing him. "You are right Cam. I felt like a part of me died when fate took you away from me like that"

"Our love stood the test of time. Now we get to be with one another" he declares to me.

♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ