Chapter 4

            I was busy taking orders at the counter

I was busy taking orders at the counter. Cameron was working in the coffee house alongside of me. He liked it so far this week. He was always getting hit on by other girls.

I could tell he was really flattered by all the attention he was getting. But he never took things to far. Or was flirting back with them. From what I could tell. There was a girl in the coffee house again that week. She was chatting away with Cameron.

Her name was Hilary Asher. She had eyes for my guy. It figured. She was ten times prettier than I was.

She was chatting away with Cameron while he was supposed to be busing tables there. I frown. He laughs at something she was saying. Then I see her give him a piece of paper. Placing it in his hand. I wondered what that note was about?

I get someone wanting to order. So, I have to get back to work. I try not to worry about Cameron anyway. He was going to leave me one day.

Either for another girl. Or for other reasons. It was best not to get to attached to the man. No matter how good looking he was. I sigh as I make two more pots of coffee to have them ready on hand.

♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ

"What is the story with the hot new guy you got them to hire. Is he single?" asks a coworker Cindy Francis.

"No, he is my new boyfriend. Well sort of. We are seeing each other. He lives with me" I tell her with a smile.

"Damn you are lucky. How did you meet him?" asks Cindy.

"When Jan and I went to the A-ha concert that night. We tried to get you to go remember?" I ask her.

"I am not that into that band" she says with a shrug. "I like rap"

"Well we met him at the concert. After it" I tell her. That much was true. We did meet after the concert was over and done with.

"You are one lucky girl. To snag a guy like that. Tell me does he have any brothers?" she jokes.

"No" I laugh. "Sorry"

"Better watch it. Skanky Hilary is working over time on him" warns Cindy.