confession

• Eunji pov •

Did I hear right ?

Lucas, one of my bestest friends, likes me ??

"E-eh? Are you serious?" I asked him in disbelief.

"Yes. I'm serious. I've likes you ever since we first met. I didn't plan on confessing my feelings but recently I've noticed that I may have a rival, so I decided on doing it." He said.

Rival? What's that supposed to mean.

"You don't have to answer me now, I'm pretty sure you're stunned. You can answer me when you ready ok?" He reassured and caressed my cheek.

"And don't worry. I'll still be by your side, no matter what your answer is." He smiled, bid me goodbye and left.

omg, he's really serious. I would never have expected Lucas, out of all people, to like me. Rival? What's that supposed to mean? Was he referred to something, or someone? Aigoo, this is giving me a headache.

The next day, I barely got any sleep. I kept on thinking about Lucas's confession. I don't like him in that way. But I also don't want to hurt his feelings.

Although he said he'll stay by my side whatever my answer is, I know he's actually anticipating for a positive response.

I put all those thoughts aside for now.

I prepare oppa's and jisung's breakfast, after they ate, I bid them goodbye and started cleaning the house like normal.

After all that, I got ready and left for work.

When I arrived at work. I do the usual, cleaning up the cafe and preparing it for customers. When I was half way done, I heard the door open harshly.

I turned my head to see who it was.
When I did, all I saw was a panting jaehyun.

"I'm so sorry I'm late Eun-ah." He said while panting.

"Yah! Did you run all the way here??" I asked.

"Well, I kinda overslept.. hehe did you clean up already?" I asked as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

Hm.. he seems like he feels guilty, let's toy with him shall we~

"You can obviously see." I said as coldly as possible, turned my back to him and continued cleaning.

"Yah~~" he whined as he took the mop from my hands.

"I'm sorry okayyy.. don't be like that~~" he whined again while hugging my arm.

I scoffed.

"Arraseo, arraseo, I'll clean the store when it's time to go home. Then, when we get off work, I'll treat you to a meal. How does that does that sound~~" he persuaded me, still hugging my arm.

"Aigoo.. Arraseo just stop with the aegyo." I said and pushed him off.

"Ok! Let's open the shop now. There are some people outside already." He pointed out.

"Ok." I answered back.

Soon it was that time of day where the store was very empty. Since there weren't many customers, jaehyun and I just sat behind the counter and chatted.

I suddenly received a text from doyoung.

I opened it and read it. I smiled.

"Who are you texting ?" Jaehyun asked with curiosity.

"Doyoung is inviting me and you to go on a trip with him to Jeju island!" I beemed.

"Really? What's the occasion ?" He asked.

"It's his birthday. He wants to treat us. The trip will last 5 days." I explained.

"Ahh.. I see. When is it?" He asked.

"We'll leave the day after tomorrow. Can u go? Are you busy?" I asked him.

"Ayy~~ someone really wants me.to go huh?" He said while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Tch. If u don't want to then fine." I said and crossed my arms at him.

"Yah! I was only joking. Of my I can go. I have nothing planned anyways."

Ah that's right. We have a week off. Doyoung and Lucas too. Ayy smart doyoung.

I replied back to doyoung confirming that Jaehyun and I can attend.

The day went by pretty fast. There weren't many customers anyways.

When it was time to close, I grabbed the broom to sweep when suddenly it was snatched away from me.

"I told you that I'd clean the place when it's time to go home right ?" Jaehyun said as he started to sweep the floor.

"Yah. I'll help." I said and tried to grab the broom back.

"Aish. Just go change. I'll be quick." He said and winked at me.

I felt my face grow hot. I immediately ran to the locker room.

I washed my face with cold water. I can't help but feel my heart flutter when he winked at me.

I sighed.

I get my stuff ready and after jaehyun finished, he also gathered his stuff to leave.

We locked the cafe and proceeded to leave. 
.
.
.
.
.
Author's note:
I'm really sorry for slow updates
ㅠㅡㅠ