Ch 31 The War

Magsimula sa umpisa

________________________________________________________________________

Everything was so loud, it was like I was standing in the middle of the fight. I could hear the sounds of the thumping paws as wolves ran around, I could hear and envision the claws tearing through the wolves flesh. 

My heart was pounding rapidly and I was having trouble breathing. This is the worst position to be in, I thought to myself. It was almost as if I had a front row seat for the war, yet all I could do is listen. No matter how hard I pulled, the chain held, forcing me to have no choice but to stay attached to the bed. 

I began praying again. 

What's left for me to do?

1 hour later

I sat there numbly on the bed. The sounds of growls and howls filled my head, claws tearing through flesh, lifeless bodies falling to the ground. 

And here I was- safe and sound. 

Yet more than anything, I wanted to be out there. But what's the point? I couldn't do anything even if I wanted to. 

1 hour later

My eyes were slowly closing. 

I know, how bad of a friend am I? How can someone in a time like this, fall asleep? To be honest, I gave up. I had spent hours trying to break free, ever since Cole locked me away. 

Just as my eyes were nearly close, a familiar howl roared out. 

Cole. 

My eyes flew open and my heart began racing. 

Not Cole. Please, please don't let it be Cole! I prayed to myself. 

Then I heard it again, followed by whimpering. 

Truthfully, I don't really know what happened with me next. I guess you could say something snapped, because the next thing I know, all I can see is red. 

I yanked my arm away from the bed, and in that swift motion, I was able to break the handcuff. Without a second thought, I charged down the hallway, down the stairs, and didn't even hesitate to sprint out the door. 

The only thing on my mind was Cole. 

My Cole. 

Once I reached the porch, that's when I froze. That's when reality hit me. Dead wolves lay scattered around the yard, some were half human, like they were killed while shifting. 

Frantically I looked around. 

There. 

A giant white wolf was surrounded, fighting for his life. 

Cole. 

Without thinking, I ran to him. 

______________________________________________________________________

You know how life's full of surprises? 

Well it seems mine is overflowing with them. For instance, one second I am sprinting towards Cole on two feet, then the next, I am on four legs. 

Hmmm.... life- want to explain that?

Any newbie wolf would probably stop and be like "what the fuck." But no, this Alpha Female was on a mission. I tackled down the first wolf in front of my, who was ready to lunge at Cole. Mind you, I have no idea what I was doing, so I copied what I had seen other wolves do. 

Rip out his throat. 

The metallic taste of blood filled my mouth, but I quickly regrouped and stood by Cole, snarling at the other rouges.