Ch 5 The confession

CHAPTER 5

It was already dark by the time I got back home. I could see the porch lights on, and police cars filled my street.

 Mom.

Oh my god! Cole went after my mom. That was the only thought going through my mind as I started sprinting towards my house.

"Christina!"

 I was engulfed in a hug before I could react.

 "Mom?" I asked

 "Honey where the hell were you?" She screamed/asked

"Mom-" I started

"Into the house now." She ordered

I never have seen her so angry. I slowly made my way to the house, avoiding all the annoyed glares from my neighbors and the police officers. Thank the lord I put on my sweatshirt before coming back.  That would have been awkward...

I walk inside my house, and am about to go upstairs, when I hear her voice.

 "God damn it Christina!" She screamed, "Do you even understand how scared I was?"

I cringed. I was stupid for running away.

"I thought that maybe you were just a little late. but no- your friend Maddie comes with all your stuff, telling me that you weren't in school the whole fucking day!" She screams

 "You mean Mandy?" I asked stupidly.

 "You're horrible! You get in a fight your first day and you have messed up my life! If your dad saw you he would be so disapo-" She froze, eyes wide.

I shut down. Shoving past her I walked to the door, flinging it open.

"Don't go looking for me. I will be back later tonight or maybe tomorrow. I really don't think you care anyways." I said, coldness in my voice.

"Chris-" She started. 

I slammed the door close, running through the streets. I wasn't going to cry. I wouldn't let my walls come crashing down.

"Christina?"

I looked up, not recognizing the voice. 

"Hey Christina! It's me, Tyler." He said with a smile.

 "Tyler?" I said questioningly, "Oh! Your one of Cole's friends!"

He laughed and scratched his neck nervously, while I just stood there, enjoying the view of his flexing arms.

"Yeah that's me. So what are you doing out so late on a school night?" He asked

"Couldn't I ask you the same thing?" I replied nervously, not wanting to talk about what happened.

"Yeah I guess you could." He said laughing, "Want to come to my house for a bit? It's right over there." He pointed in the opposite direction of my house. 

"Sure." I needed to get away, but running away? That would be pointless. Anyways, Tyler seems like a really nice guy.

We talked a bit. I learned that he loved to play football, and was on the school team with Cole, Ian, and Tucker, the other guy in their group. They have been friends since middle school and that hasn't changed, even now in junior year.

"Has Cole always been so bi-polar?" I asked suddenly.  Tyler's face grew dark, and he didn't respond for a while.

"No." He muttered

"He's a jerk." I laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"No he isn't. He is a good guy and it was you fault for what he did." Tyler snapped at me.