eleven || ephemeral

ephemeral : momentary, passing; short-lived

They burst through the door, hands running through each others hair and lips frantic on one another. Antonio closed the door behind them then pinned Georgia against the wall, planting kisses on her neck and collarbone. She gave off a soft pain as his lips found hers once again. She smiled against his lips, wrapping her arms around his neck, giving a small chuckle.

"I am so glad you're home right now." She commented with a pant when they broke away.

"I'm happy you have the day off tomorrow." He responded with a devious smile coming to his lips as he cocjed his eyebrow. He lifted her up onto his waist, his hands supporting her back. She gave off a small squeal.

"I love you." She said with a huff, and he started walking towards their bedroom, one that she had spent the past few months alone. He threw her down on her back on the bed, crawling and floating above her, a huge smile on his face.

"I love you too.' He responded, connecting their lips again, his fingers locking hers, the cool metal of the engagement ring on her finger satisfyingly unreal to him.

--

"Good morning." He greeted, wrapping his arms around her waist and feathering kisses on her neck as she pushed bacon around with a spatula. She gave off a soft moan, his lips soft against her skin.

"Why good morning sleeping beauty." Georgia responded, reaching over and grabbing a mug of coffee and turning to hand it to him. He took it and set it down on the counter beside them, a smile coming to his lips as he shared a passionate kiss with her. She gave in almost immediately, one hand resting on his chest, the other resting on the surface behind her.

"Shit!" She screamed, breaking their kiss and bringing her hand between the both of them. He gingerly grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the sink, turned the water on, and stick her hand under the cold running water.

"Are you alright?" he asked once the situation had been handled.

"Yeah, just no more making out in the kitchen while I'm cooking." She sighed with a laugh. He turned the water off and grabbed an ice pack from their freezer, placing it in her hand and wrapping her fingers around it.

"I'll continue, go sit or something." He said with a wave of his hand, and she shook her head.

"I'm fine, you go watch soccer, I think a World Cup game is one. Breakfast in ten minutes." Georgia countered, kissing him on the cheek before ushering him out of the kitchen. He laughed, but gave in, going and plopping down on the couch. She quickly took the bacon off the stove and onto a plate, careful not to burn herself on the stove again. The oven went off and she turned, hitting the off button and opening the door. She got eggs going in the pan, making scrambled eggs for the both of them. She took the biscuits out of the oven and set them on the counter. Eventually she served everything to the table and called him over. Antonio practically jumped theom the couch to meet her in the dining room. He rubbed his hands together as he sat, making her laugh. The ice pack had started to liquify in her hand due to the excessive amount of heat. She went and put it back in the freezer, and when she returned, Antonio had finally settled himself and made his plate without acting like a little kid.

"This is really good." He complimented as he shoved a fork-filled pile of eggs into his mouth. She chuckled at him as she made herself a plate.

"How long are you home for?" she asked, causing him to slow down and take a break from his eating.

"I have to go back on Wednesday. Then I'll try to be home for Christmas, but I don't think it's going to happen." He responded with a sad sigh. "I didn't plan on getting married for a little while." He commented, and she laughed.