27. Fili - Request

Start from the beginning

"You were thinking about him, weren't you?" he asked, a smirk replacing his previous grin, and I sighed, knowing perfectly well what he was talking about.

Fili's POV

"Bilbo, can I talk to you for a second, please?" I asked the hobbit, who was currently staring blankly at the ground. He immediately looked up, smiling softly.

"Of course! Take a seat!" Bilbo replied, patting the space next to him, so I sighed, seating on the ground. "What's wrong, Fili?" he asked concerned, watching me intently.

"What makes you think that something is wrong?"

"Well... You look sad... Which is very strange, because you usually are a joyful person..." he trailed off, making me sigh in defeat and place my head between my hands.

"It's just that... Why is your niece always avoiding me, Bilbo? Have I done or said something that wrong that made her hate me so much?"

"What do you mean? Fili, Y/N doesn't hate you!" the hobbit stated, frowning and shaking his head as he spoke.

"Bilbo, every time I try talking to her or helping her, she pushes me away... She doesn't even want to look me in the eyes! Why would she do such a thing if she didn't hate me?" I asked, my voice raising more than I intended to.

"Look, Fili... It is not my place to say... Y/N will talk to you when she is ready, ok? But I can assure you that she doesn't hate you, so you have nothing to worry about!" he replied, patting my shoulder lightly, before getting up and going to the others, leaving me even more confused than before.

Y/N's POV

"Y/N, you really have to tell him what you feel! I'm sure he likes you too!" Kili pressed, while Bofur nodded in agreement.

"That's true, Y/N... It is obvious that it hurts you to avoid him all the ti-"

"Y/N!" he was cut off, so all three of us turned our heads, only to see Bilbo rushing to us.

"Bilbo? What happened?" I asked, frowning in confusion.

He placed his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. "I... I have just talked to Fili and... this is very serious, Y/N!" he panted.

"What do you mean?" Kili asked, before I could have done so.

"Fili... Fili thinks you hate him!" my uncle replied, looking at me and making me widen my eyes. "He said you always avoid him when he tries to talk to you, and that you do all of this because you hate him."

"But I don't hate him!" I exclaimed, my heart breaking at the thought of him thinking such a thing.

"That's what I tried telling him, but he wouldn't believe it a second..." Bilbo said, looking at me apologetically.

"Y/N, you really need to talk to him!" Bofur said sternly, crossing his arms.

"But-"

"No buts, Y/N! Just talk to him and tell him how much you love him!" Kili cut me off, with the same serious tone. "If you don't do it, I will!" he warned.

"Ok, ok..." I sighed, defeated. "I will tell him tomorrow." I added, although I wasn't so sure about that.

~2 hours later~

It was time for dinner, so we were seating around the fire, waiting for our food. Stars were shining brightly on the dark sky, while the moon was lighting up the land. The wind was blowing slightly, sending shivers down my spine and making me shake and rub my hands over my arms in order to warm myself up.