21. Bilbo - Request

Bilbo - Request

Summary : Bilbo comes home after helping Thorin and his companions reclaim their home.

Words : 1630.

A/N : Requested by UrgoZilla! I hope it matches your expectations! 🙁♥️

✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️✡️

Lucy's POV

My eyes opened as I hesitantly woke up from the restful slumber, making sure to let out a barely auditable yawn. Memories of the past day were unaware to me for a few moments, but slowly and surely, the events started rushing back to my mind. 

While my brain was awaking, helping me become aware of everything, I sighed in contentment, burrowing down deeper under the thick, inviting sheets and sinking into the memory foam pad, while trying to adjust my eyes to the strong sunlight that was peeking through the blinds. 

Fuzzy blankets were coiled around my legs, wishing for me to stay and not to leave their comforting embrace, but as tempting as it was, I lazily let my naked feet fall to the chilled wooden floor, the morning breeze from the open window immediately hitting my legs.

I walked to the window, taking a deep breath as the chilly, goose bump-causing breeze drafted across my face, while the golden sunrise was awaking my droopy eyes.

"Mommy?" I suddenly heard a cute voice from behind me, making me turn around in one swift motion and smile softly at the person in front of me. It was my 5 year old daughter, Isabella.

"Good morning, sweetheart!" I said as I started approaching her and took her into my arms. "How is my lovely princess feeling today?"

She pouted, looking away from me.
"I... I am sad, mommy..." she whispered weakly, wrapping her little hands around my neck.

"Sad? Why are you sad, my love? What happened?" I asked, my voice full of concern, as I moved a strand of hair away from her face. She buried her face in the crock of my neck, starting to weep quietly.

"I m-miss d-daddy so much!" she sniffed, making my heart instantly drop. Sighing, I kissed her cheek and pulled her closer.

"It's ok, sweetie! He's going to come home soon!" I said on the verge of crying. However, I didn't cry, because I knew I had to be strong for my daughter.

It's been more than one year since Bilbo Baggins, my husband, decided to help Thorin Oakenshield and his company reclaim Erebor. More than one year since my daughter and I last saw and heard of him... We didn't know where he was at the moment, if he was safe or even alive. Most people thought that he was dead, but I refused to believe so.

I missed him very much... I missed his smile, his hugs, the way he would play with Isabella, always making her laugh...I missed hearing him telling her stories or singing her to sleep, I missed his cuteness and... well... everything about him! That last year without him was hard, but I was lucky to have my daughter by my side.

Every time I went out for a walk with her, we would see other kids with their dads playing all around and she would always start crying. She wasn't happy anymore and it was heartbreaking to see her so sad all the time.

As for me, I could say that I was scared... I hate to admit it, but I was very scared because... because I couldn't guarantee anything. I could have tried finding out the truth about Bilbo, but I was just too terrified to do that. What if I found out that he actually died? How was I supposed to tell that to Isabella? And how was I going to continue my life without him?