Chapter 4: Fever of succession

Weeks and weeks passed. There were more concerts, dance lessons, and soon everyone became successors. Well that is except for Hikari.

Tsubasa became Mariko Shinoda the 7th. Reina became Rino Sashihara the 7th/ Sashiko. Ami became Rie Ikitahara the 9th. Karin became Aki takajo. Mii became Minami Minegishi(Mimi) the 5th. Yumi became Haruka Shimazaki the 8th."But can't I practice with them?" Hikari asked desperately. "Hikari, what you don't realize is that they're all successors. You're still an understudy. You have no right to practice with them." the dance teacher snapped. Hikari tried to blink back tears. "Everyone have fun." she managed to say before crying up a storm and ran out of the room. "Hikari!" Mariko called after her. She ran but the teacher stopped her. He only cared about their routine. Mariko felt guilty. She wanted to embrace her best friend. Hikari ran away. Away in the cold. She brought no jacket and soon began to sing. "Yume wa ase no naka ni sukoshi ni zutto I ne yuihi hana." she sang. She danced in the cold by herself. Soon she began to cry. "What am I missing?" she asked. She returned to the building. "Hey guys you want to go for candy?" Hikari asked faking a smile. "Sorry, we have practice." Sashiko said. "I'm so sorry." Mariko gushed. "It's nothing. You all are successors so you have to be good right? You're Mariko." Hikari said blinking back tears. She walked away. All the girls felt guilty. "Hey Chef Papa." Hikari forced a smile. "Look who it is! No practice?" Chef Papa exclaimed. "Nope. I'm not a successor." she answered sadly. "Well then my little girl, I hear you cook. Why not help me for a while?" Chef Papa comforted her. "No, I couldn't. My skills aren't as good as yours." Hikari said with doubt. "Come on." he pleaded. She finally gave in. "Hey Hikari, you really want to be a successor right?" he started small talk. Hikari chopped the tomatoes. "Yeah, but I know that will never happen." she answered frying onions. "What is your dream?" he asked. "Well, I wanted to finish what my mother started. My mother was an akb0048 idol. She was the last Acchan. But unfortunately she was killed." she explained grabbing the shrimps. "I meant your dream. Hikari, you always seem to be doing something for others. You need to do something for yourself." Chef Papa patted her head. He was like the father she never had. She figured it out. Her own dream. The meal was ready. "Chef Papa my dream........is to spread songs of love throughout the galaxy and shine the most." she smiled. "Well, dig in. The others will eat their share later." Chef Papa winked. They both tasted the food at the same time. "Delicious." they both said and then laughed. "I'm going to practice one more time." Hikari said determined. Her kirara shinned brighter than the sun. "Give it a go." Chef Papa gave her a thumbs up. Hikari got dressed then ran out the door. Mariko looked at her confused. "We miss something?" Haruka asked. Chef Papa only smiled. Hikari danced out in the cold with no jacket. She soon became attached to dancing and improved quickly. Mariko was worried. Hikari forgot Sashiko tried to calm her down. Rie tried any way possible to contact Hikari but no response. "You're not trying hard enough!" Mariko thundered. "I'm trying everything I can!" Minami complained.

"Everyone let's go." Mariko said putting on her coat. "Don't worry Mariko-sama, we'll find her." Mimi-chan said. Mariko smiled. They left. Mariko looked everywhere Hikari would go. But then she remembered her secret spot where she practiced alone.  Mariko ran so desperate to find out if her friend was okay. There she was. Hikari saw Mariko. "Mariko." she said before collapsing. "Hikari!" Mariko rushed to her aid. All the girls found Mariko with Hikari in her arms. "Hurry and get the bed ready, she's burning up." Mariko instructed."You were destined to be Shinoda Mariko weren't you?" Mii-chan said. "Well I guess." Mariko let out a sigh. Mariko rushed to Hikari. "Mariko, Mariko?" Hikari called out. " I'm right here Hikari." Mariko said gripping her hand. Hikari smiled. Chef papa came with soup. "My special food for my special Hikari." he said. "Thanks everyone."Hikari thanked. Everyone left Hikari and Mariko alone. "Mariko really cared, don't ya think?" Mimi-chan asked. "They're really close." Haruka said. "Mariko cared for Hikari ever since we first met." Rie added. "I guess they have a stronger bond." Aki said. "We can't lose to her and Mariko." Sashiko winked. "That's right, Me and Rie's bonds are stronger." Haruka said. "I think its safe to say that  Mariko and Hikari have the strongest bonds." Mimi-chan concluded. Mariko came out. "It's fever of succession!" Mariko exclaimed. All the girls faces lit up. "It's about time." Mariko said. "Hikari-chan, who will she become. Sorry Rie but I'm her fan for now." Haruka winked.  "We're all her fans." Aki said. "Yep, and tommorow we're going to support her." Sashiko said. "Tots!" Mimi-chan exclaimed. Mariko smiled. She really wondered who she would become.