Chapter Three; Warning

I was barely able to walk in a straight line. I hadn't even made it all the way down the hall before my legs gave out, waves of trembling sweeping over me as I collapsed to the disgusting tile floor.

My knees, once again, cracked against the ground. A pained cry escaped my lips. The sound was drowned out by three instantaneous male cries.

"I'm sorry," I said through chattering teeth. "I'm fine, I'm fine."

"Trouble, you aren't fine. Stop fucking lying."

Arms wrapped around me and then I was being lifted, blood, sweat, and some floral cologne overwhelming my sensitive nose.

"You're shaking," Glasses noted.

I bit back an eye roll. "It's just the adrenaline rush. I'm fine. Put me down."

"No chance in hell," Crystal-eyes spat. As he began to walk, the ground seemed to sway beneath me, my vision spinning, stomach rolling. I was fine, right? Right. I was strong. A simple smack or two couldn't send me running.

The tears welling up in my eyes disagreed.

It wasn't long before I was squeezing my eyes shut, willing my meager lunch to stay down.

~ | ~ | ~

Crystal-eyes stopped walking, the two other sets of footsteps disappearing. There was the gentle breeze of a door being opened, and four sets of ragged breathing finally began to slow. Another door. Then, I was pulled closer to the boy carrying me- we were in a smaller hall.

Another door opened.

"What happened?" a familiar voice asked. Doctor Green? He was the teacher in charge of the Japanese class I had wanted to sign up for.

Crystal-eyes turned and I was perched on a hard surface. I forced my eyes open, and sure enough, Dr. Green's dazzling green eyes swam into view. Ha, Doctor Green had green eyes. I had green eyes too. So did Glasses. Was this a green eye club? We should totally form a gang!

Fingers snapped in front of my face and I jerked back. "Hmm?"

Doctor Green frowned, opening a drawer and taking out a flashlight. "Well? Is anyone going to tell me what happened?" he asked, grabbing my chin to still my trembling before flashing the light in my eyes. I flinched away from the brightness, but his hands held me in place.

"He backhanded her," Fire-eyes said. "He hit her in the face and she hit the wall."

The doctor- was he a real doctor? I suppose so- sighed, backing up and rubbing a hand down his face. "Who hit her? When? Why?"

I bit back a giggle. What was this? An interrogation? I was feeling a little bit loopy...

I realized Crystal-eyes was in the middle of a colorful explanation. "-and then she fucking ran up and, God, it was beautiful! Nothing but trouble!" His eyes widened. "And I don't even know your fucking name, Trouble!"

Name? Oh, right. "I'm Sang. Whose ass did I save?" Normally, I wasn't one to cuss, but with the adrenaline and shock, it was easy to feed off of the stranger's vocabulary.

"Gabriel. Gabriel Coleman."

Fire-eyes stepped into my line of view. "I'm Victor," he said.

The door opened as Doctor Green continued his examination. His diagnosis was something about a minor concussion and shock wearing off. And not doing something. I couldn't focus, as three new people were entering the room.

Glasses was back, along with another glasses wearing man. I wasn't concerned with them, however. It was the third guy. I smelled him before I even saw him- a familiar, forest smell. Musk. Cologne?

His clothes were drenched, black hair dripping, eyes dark, starless skies. His skin was naturally tan, his height and muscle mass impressive as he towered over me. What really got me, though, was the growl that rumbled in his chest. It startled me, making me jump. He raised an eyebrow, looking both confused, and hella' menacing.

Holy shit. Is this what being drunk feels like? Because I cannot focus on anything but his fucking muscles. And growling?

More snapping in my face. And talking. But I was tired, and my head ached.

Someone laughed, and then the dark, growly giant was kneeling in front of me. His voice was as grumpy as his scowl. "Do you have a ride home? Where do you live?"

I rattled off my address.

"Can you stand?"

I took his outstretched hand and he yanked me to my feet. I took a stumbling step towards the door, but Mr. Tall, Dark, and Grumpy swooped to the rescue, picking me up. The door was opened, and we walked through the... school office? Maybe I was more disoriented than I thought.

The moment we were in the main hallway, I was on my feet, bracing myself against the wall. "Watch it!" I growled, eyes flashing. "You dropped me!"

Angry amber eyes glared back at me. Tall, Dark, and Grumpy was a wolf. Great.

He bared his teeth, another growl bubbling up in his throat. I could see it in the way his lip curled, and his shoulders rounded out. The way his right foot shifted back further than his left. He wasn't aggressive. He was defensive. He kept his chin tucked down, slightly, casting a shadow across his face. He looked... dangerous. I didn't buy it.

"Back off," he snarled. "I have no idea what you're doing getting my pack into trouble, but we don't need any bitches hanging around."

My fingers flexed, nails shifting into claws. "Shut the fuck up," I seethed. "You don't know what you're talking about. I saved your friend's ass." Were his friends wolves? They couldn't be. I'd heard them talking, and- nevermind. My head was throbbing, still. I wasn't ready to think. I wasn't ready to fight. "Just take me home."

The boy huffed, brushing past me towards the doors to the parking lot.