The Brave, The Bold, The Powerless

Mulai dari awal

"I've never seen high school musical," Scorpio confessed.

A collected gasp was let out. Libra pretended to faint into Sagittarius' arms. Aries shook his head. Scorpio shifted in his seat.

"Is it really that big a deal?" Scorpio asked.

"YES!" The other three shouted.

"This calls for more than just a movie. It calls for a marathon!" Libra declared.

Scorpios eyes widened. What did I get myself into?

———————

At the same time, the park nearby...

"So, hows life?" Aquarius asked.

Virgo just shrugged. "I guess it's doing okay."

"Good as it can get with an evil curse threatening your existence," Taurus agreed.

"We don't know it's evil..." Virgo started, only to get interrupted by Taurus.

"You can't keep denying all of this, Vi. It's real, it's happening, and it's awful. And I'm sorry I can't say more." Taurus took a glance at her ever-so-composed friend.

"I'll have to agree with Taurus. Unfortunately, we can't ignore proof," Aquarius added.

"Yeah, but I'd rather not be spending my last days thinking of my friends dying," Virgo snapped.

Taurus and Aquarius stood still. Virgo was usually so composed. So calm. So... so.... serious.

"You won't die." Taurus promised her friend.

"Don't."

"What?" Aquarius asked.

"Don't make me an empty promise," Virgo restated.

"Fine. No empty promises," Taurus agreed.

Aquarius gave her a thumbs up and patted her on the back. "It's a deal."

"Good. I just really don't want to lose anyone," Virgo sighed. She took a shaky breath. She recomposed herself.

"We'll stay by you, as long as we can," Taurus agreed.

"Definitely. I'm with you guys, 100 percent," Aquarius reassured.

"In that case, I have to tell you guys something," Virgo decided. "I have information."

"On our, uh, situation?" Taurus asked.

"Yeah. It's OH-feet-i-cus. He's still alive." Virgo brought out a newspaper clipping and showed it to each of them.

Ophiuchus breaks out of jail again!

The world-known killer Ophiuchus has broken out once again! His whereabouts remain unknown as he lurks in the shadows. Information will be disclosed as it becomes known. Until then, remain in your homes, and remain safe.

"That's not terrifying at all." Aquarius rolled his eyes.

"What if he's after us?" Taurus thought out loud.

"What if he wants to help us?" Virgo countered.

"He could be evil," Taurus reminded.

"He used to be a Zodiac," Aquarius reasoned.

"He's currently a killer," Virgo said.

"So, what is he?" asked Aquarius.

"He's someone we should avoid if we can," decided Virgo.

"And if we can't?" a very scared Taurus asked.

"Then we wing it," shrugged Aquarius.

"I guess this is it, then." Virgo took a shaky breath.

"It's what?" Taurus asked, confused.

"The beginning of the end."

————

"Hey, Pi?" Cancer asked, as they walked down her street. "What's it like? Having your powers?"

Pisces thought for a moment. "It's weird. It's like having the world at your fingertips. About to make it beautiful or watch it burn."

Cancer nodded and then paused. "I wish I knew what my powers are gonna be."

"Me too. But don't worry, we'll figure it out," Pisces reassured.

"I guess," Cancer sighed. "It's just weird. We've got Scorpio, who's brave and willing to fight anyone."

"Don't confuse bravery with stupidity," Pisces warned.

"We've got you who's so bold and rebellious. You're so willing and awesome. And what am I? Powerless. This sucks," Cancer pouted.

"Powers don't make you any more or less of a person," Pisces argued.

"But they'll help me protect you guys. A battle is coming. We can all feel it." Cancer grimaced. Pisces sighed.

The two of them kept walking in a comfortable silence. That's when Pisces got hit by car. The car driver panicked and sped off.

"Oh my God! Pisces!" Cancer ran over to her friend and hugged her tightly. "I'll call the police! Are you hurt bad?"

Pisces turned her head to reveal a large gash by her hair line. Her arm was badly scraped up, and she had several bruises lining her leg.

Cancer looked at the gash with worry. "It's going to be okay. We'll get you all healed... up..."

"What's wrong? What's happening?" Pisces winced. "Is it getting worse?"

"Actually, it's getting better." Cancer watched as the gash started slowly closing. Her arm started healing. Her legs' bruises started to disappear.

"Pisces, I think my power is healing." Cancer took a shaky breath as she explained it. "On your head. All you've got is a scar."

All three water signs had gotten their powers. Of course, for now it is known to only three. Pisces, Cancer, and the driver. Someone named Hydrus. And he didn't know because he was there. Trust me on that.

The driver came back with an ambulance. He bent down.

"I am so so sorry. I got an ambulance if you need it." The driver said.

—-

Hello! It's not technically late yet. Don't worry though! The next chapter is something you'll hate me for! ;) Anyways, comment ships and stuff! Teaser below

 Don't worry though! The next chapter is something you'll hate me for! ;) Anyways, comment ships and stuff! Teaser below

(Signature at the bottom)