0.1

Around a year later

(Than the actual story that hasn't started yet)

They say time heals wounds, but I don't think that's true. I think time only makes you get used to the wound. It makes you realize that you are one day further from the moment your heart broke into pieces. It just makes you live in a world where the reality of your broken heart becomes a moment in history. It just takes away the pain you feel so vividly day by day.
But time doesn't take away the pain in your bones, it never leaves. And just like a scar on your body, you can't feel it anymore, but you definitely can see the change it has brought to your soul.
And I know it's not easy- Of course it's not, I know it hurts. You're sitting there over thinking. A million and one questions running through your head. Unable to sleep, creating different scenarios in your mind, while making a mental list of regrets but you can't keep blaming yourself for someone else's inability to provide the type of love you deserve.
Tonight is just like any other night, difficult as hell, sorry my language, but you'll do what you've always done. You'll forget it. You'll get through it and be just fine.

It's 3.27.
The sky is dark, but light. It makes me feel at home, like I fit in. Maybe you're sleeping, maybe you're sitting, staring out your window like me. I hope you're sleeping. I honestly hope you're over me. Because there must be a reason why we didn't work out.