The marketplace sellers had quite a diverse selection of wares as they tried to make their small stalls appeal to a variety of people from various backgrounds and planets. Some of those things seemed quite outlandish indeed... Cynthia murmured to me, "What on earth is that giant silver thing supposed to be?"

I turned my head to look at the weird object. It was as tall as I was and was made up of numerous flowing and curving bars that swirled from the top to the bottom, but it didn't quite look like an ornament. The oddest part was that the rest of the objects in the man's stall were fancier and more expensive things.

Starsong had the insight that both Cynthia and I lacked. "It is a musical instrument. There are several metal rods that are used to strike the curving bars for different tones."

I responded, "It is a musical instrument. Those small bars on the side are actually sticks that produce different notes and tones."

She gave me an incredulous look. "Just the fact that you know what it is means you have spent way too many hours reading informative books."

I smirked slightly. "Remind me never to put you on my team when we play trivia."

She shook her head before heading over to check out a stand with some paper books in it. I stood beside her as I looked around. Other people were just as eager to check out what the sellers had and were peering at everything. I could see quite a few spiritedly bartering with some sellers over the price of an item.

I finally spotted Ronan. I was beginning to wonder if I had lost him in this crowd. Although I knew he was able to track the communication device that was hidden in my pocket if he wanted, so even if he did lose sight of me, he would be able to find me easily enough. 'Does that guy ever get ship-leave?'

"Yes. He prefers to take his ship-leave later in the evening when things are less crowded, and you are almost always on board at that time, so it works out very well."

That was quite convenient. I preferred a quiet evening without strangers around, so I usually returned before it got too late. Cynthia left the books, and we continued through the market, often pausing to look at stuff.

I was examining some unusual jewelry when Starsong commented, "Just as a heads up, you may end up returning earlier than you had planned."

That wasn't what I wanted to hear when I had just got down here. I inquired, 'Why is that?'

"There are two Elite Destroyers coming in to dock at this docking station, but they aren't powering down their weapons. Their spots were booked just days ago, which is unusual for ships like these since they normally plan stops long in advance."

With a faint frown, I gazed up at the docking station that towered into the sky behind us. I could see the two massive ships further up in the sky as they waited for their turn to dock. They were bigger than Starsong and close to the maximum size that a docking station would allow to dock. 'Isn't the docking station squawking at them for not powering down their weapons? Isn't it mandatory for all ships? Or are destroyers exempt from those rules?'

Starsong found their presence out of place enough to comment on it, and I was also finding it unusual. If those spots had been booked so recently, then they may be here because of us.

He replied, "All fighters employed by the Space Enforcement Agency are exempt from those rules, but they often power down their weapons anyway."

It wasn't that unusual for destroyers to dock for supplies and such. When I had been on the Tyndel, I had seen them at docking stations a couple of times. But I didn't recall ever hearing of two of the powerful ships showing up in the same solar system at the same time unless there was some sort of special meeting. And I would have surely heard of such a meeting during my last two days of talking with the suppliers and traders who thrived on such gossip.

Something didn't seem right. 'What are your suspicions?'

"I am unable to find any hard evidence or records to support my theories, but I think they are here because I am docked. I suspect that someone has orders to ask a few questions."

That worried me somewhat. I had known that someone would eventually show up to ask questions regarding what I may know about the rogue AI that had disappeared from the Tyndel, but I had expected a smooth-talking person in a suit, not someone from an Elite Destroyer... If they weren't powering down their weapons, then they may be worried that we would attack them if we felt cornered.

Starsong continued, "Both ships are employed by the Interspace Enforcement Agency, which does report to the Intergalactic Space Commission. I am searching records of transmissions, but I cannot find any mention of the rogue AIs or us. Such records are easily destroyed though."

'Can you keep an eye on them and update me if anything changes?'

"Certainly."

I walked over to the next market stall with occasional glances skyward. I wondered how quickly they would be asking to speak with me...