05 | birthday party; jachary

Couple 5
Ship: Jachary (Jack and Zach)
Warnings: None
Song: None
Writer: Nevaeh

Birthday

It was a special day. A very special day indeed. It was Jack Avery's birthday. Everyone knew about it as he was in a popular boy band that was sky rocketing up the charts everyday. Fans kept posting pictures, memes, fan edits about how much they appreciate him and how much they love what he does. His family sent him great birthday wishes over the phone as they weren't able to be within physical contact with him at the moment. Over all it was a great way to start the day. The day was bright, he was energetic, he felt loved.

He especially loved the fact that his loyal boyfriend of a year has done nothing but adore him endlessly. Prep him with treats, a gift and of course kisses. The day was amazing. The Why Don't We boys had actually decided to throw a party that night and celebrate Jack's day of birth. Close friends were able to attend and also wish Jack the happiest of days. And as soon the clock hit nine, that's exactly what happened. People began arriving and handing him nothing but love and appreciation.

Music blasted and people partied as the house was bouncing alive. And of course it was supposed to be a simple party. No drinking, no smoking, no hormonal needs in whatever bedroom you could find. Just a friendly get together. But that's not what happened as someone must have snuck in a cheap bottle of alcohol. They spiked the red punch that stayed in a glass bowl for anybody to take a small drink from. And after that, the party definitely was over the top. It was much more wild as people were cheering for whatever at this point.

Jack was taken by surprise. Especially when he seen people who were obviously underage drinking the beverage knowing it tasted different than before. For example his fellow band mates. He could see Daniel and Corbyn making out on the couch, even when his girlfriend Christina was only a few feet away feeling up a tipsy Jonah. It was all so surprising and making Jack wonder where Zach was. He hasn't seen him ever since the party started. And the party was his idea.

Getting up from his spot in a chair, Jack was going to find the youngest. But of course he was stopped.

"Where you going babe?" Jack's boyfriend wondered. He wasn't drunk, but you could tell he had a few drinks that night. Jack shook it off with a smile.

"To find Zach. Make sure he isn't doing something stupid" Jack replied. The other nodded in understanding before allowing him to escape. Jack wandered and maneuvered around the many different bodies that were sweaty and reeked of fruity flavored alcohol. He practically searched the entire house trying to find the youngest member. He even looked out in the backyard. Jack gave up thinking that the two just kept on missing each other. And he was about to head back to his uncomfortable seat, when he had the sudden urge to use the bathroom. And when once again squeezing past people, he finally made it towards his bedroom, where he knew he could use his private restroom.

But upon opening the door, he spotted two unknown lovers making out on the floor. Jack was disgusted. He quickly moved around them, going to do his business. He made sure to keep a mental note on cleaning the floor later on. And as he was finished, Jack noticed that he was feeling a little claustrophobic. He needed some fresh air. And so once he got past the couple who refused to come up for air, Jack found himself exiting through the front door. He was shocked to see a seventeen year old Zachary just sitting there on the porch. He had a red solo cup in his hand, but it didn't seem like he even drunk a sip from it.

Jack sighed as he took a seat near the younger.

"I've been looking all over for you" Jack finally let out as he took a single glance at Zach. The brunette chuckled the slightest, putting his cup down by his feet.

"Oh really? Would have thought you were too busy shoving your tongue down Nick's throat" Zach replied. Jack rolled his eyes at the response.

"I don't know why you hate him so much?"

"You know exactly why" Zach answers, his tone instantly becoming serious. Jack sighed in defeat.

"Zach you really need to move on. I did, so you need to" Jack states. Zach looks at the other in disbelief.

"Move on? Jack I loved you! And I know I'll never get that chance back, but I'm not moving on!" Zach shouted. Jack kept his head low, listening to the other's words. "I love you and no matter what happens, I won't ever stop."

"Zach... " Jack trailed eventually looking at the brunette. But Zach had thoughts of his own as he pressed his lips to Jack's. Jack was in shock as he allowed it to happen. And he had no idea what he was doing as he felt his lips move too. It was a short kiss, but it brought back that spark that seemed to have never left.

"Happy birthday Jack" Zach whispered once the two broke apart. And with that, the youngest stood to his feet and entered the house, knowing he didn't regret what he just did.

~•~

I like it. And I hope you do too.

-Nevaeh