Ch2: Bonding

Takano's pov

I lay on the floor, staring blankly at the book that lay on the ground in front of me. "Why are you staring at that book?" Ame asked, tilting his head. "The main character just did the most stupid thing I can think of" I replied, pushing myself into a sitting position.

"Okay" Ame relied, beads of sweat sitting on his forehead. I laughed  efore grabbing a nearby piece of paper and folding it. Ame raised an eyebrow as I showed him an origami wolf. "Look. It's you" I joked, placing the blue coloured origami wolf next to 2 red ones. "You have 2 already?" Ame questioned.

"Yep. That's me and that's my brother Kamata" I explained, pointing at the 2 origami pieces. Ame looked down at the floor as if wondering how he'd get down onto it. "Do you want me to help you down" I asked. He gave a slight nod.

I stood up and walked over. Carefully, I grabbed his waist, helping him onto the ground. I handed him a slip of paper as he stared at it. "Go on. You try making something" I encouraged. "I've never really made origami before" Ame admitted, his cheeks tinted with a Scarlet blush. I let out  slight laugh as I grabbed a book from a nearby bookcase.

I opened it on the page of a wolf and pushed it forward. "What's this for?" Ame asked. "It's an origami book. Its how my brother and I learned origami" I explained to him. He looked at the instructions in the book and started to fold the paper. I grabbed another sheet and folded it to look like a pheasant as Ame finished an Origami wolf.

"Who is it meant to be?" I asked, looking at the wolf. "My older sister" Ame replied, placing it on the carpet. I smiled an placed the pheasant on the carpet next to the wolf. "So which one of your parents was a wolf?" Ame questioned. "My mum. I never met my dad so I don't know if he was human or not" I replied, looking at the carpet.

"Where's your mum now?" Ame asked, tilting his head. "She's dead" I replied, letting out a sigh. "What happened?" Ame asked. "Well...."

*Flashback*

I raced against my brother in the trees, leaping over anything that got in my way. At one point, I tripped over a tree root that I hadn't spotted. Kamata turned around and walked over, helping me up. "Thanks Kamata" I thanked, shaking dust out of my fur.

I looked to the side to see the sun glinting on something metal. I backed up a little, unsure of what this was when I heard a bang noise echo in my ears before something sharp shot through my right ear. I let out a howl of pain as Kamata looked at me in panic. I heard the sound of something being reloaded before that same banging sounded echoed through the trees.

I stared at a silver object just as something leapt in front of Kamata and I. I noticed our mother had leapt in front of us, taking the silver object to the shoulder. "Run" Mum ordered, baring her teeth in the direction the silver object had come from. "But...." Kamata protested. "Go" mum yelled.

I knudged Kamata as we both raced through the forest, heading back home. I heard the distant sound of a bang followed by a yelp as I looked back at the area we came from.
While I was looking back, something attached onto my back leg, sharp needles digging into my leg. Kamata grabbed onto the silver vine thing, pulling on it to try and release me but I kept gosling in pain from it.

I heard the sound of crunching leaves as we looked to where the sound came from, this king it was mum. I pricked my ears when a bang sound echoed through the forest again. Kamata let out a howl as I saw blood dripping from his neck.

Kamata barred his teeth in a snarl as a human male trudged forward, a gun in hand. "Looks like I'm going to get the mother and her cubs" he smirked, firing the guns as it scraped against Kamata's cheek. "Kamata run" I barked, tuggingmy back leg against the metal vine. "I'm not leaving you" he replied, turning to look at the human again.

I pushed him out of the way of the bullet as it hit against my paw, causing a shot of pain to fire through my leg. Kamata leapt at the man, biting his arm as he dropped the gun. I tugged at the metal snake and managed to free my leg. I limped back to the house.

When  I got back, I looked out the window, trying to see if Kamata was coming back. I waited for a long time, watching as the sun set behind the trees. I lowered my ears and put my head on my paws. I let out a long yawn before feeling a tongue against my fur. I opened my eyes to see Kamata standing in front of me.

"Kamata, your alive" I cheered, sitting up excitedly. "I am but mum isn't" Kamata replied, letting a whimper out. I turned to my human form, a frown laced on my mouth. Kamata also turned into his human form. He pulled me into a hug as I closed my eyes, falling asleep in his embrace.

*End of flashback*

"That sounds rough" Ame pointed out. "It was. It's really hard for two 8 year old to take care of themselves" I replied. I looked at the origami pheasant and frowned. Ame moved himself forward and embraced me in a hug.

I looked at him in confusion as he gave me a smile. "Cheer up. At least you still have your brother" he pointed out. "Yeah. I guess your right" I smiled, hugging him back. "Your a great friend" I added, smiling.