2:5

Toni

I woke up in the hospital not knowing how I got there. I tried to move my hand until I realized it was handcuffed to the bed. What the hell?

I looked up as a police officer entered the room. I guess he heard me struggling with the cuffs. "What's going on? Why am I cuffed to this bed?" I asked in panic.

"Ma'am your blood alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit. Therefore you're under arrest for driving while intoxicated-"

"WHAT? I didn't drink."

"Ma'am you can take it up with the judge on Monday. Until then, you'll be held in a cell downtown." He said.

"No! I can't go to jail- my baby, where's my my baby? Is she okay?"

He uncuffed me and helped me stand, "Ma'am, put your hands behind your back."

"You didn't answer my question. Where is my daughter? Is she hurt?" I asked again with more fear in my voice.

"After we get you processed, we'll answer your questions."

"No, I need to know now!"

"You need to stay quiet."

He escorted me out and but me in the police car.

<<<<<>>>>>

Chad

I got a call from Toni and came as soon as I could. I walked into the police station and went straight to the front desk.

"How long has she been here?" I asked pointing at Toni sitting in the cell across the room.

"A couple hours, they had to transport her from the hospital." My old high school buddy Mitch said.

"Hospital?"

"In her drunken state, she drove into a tree. It was just a few scratches and bruises, no concussion."

I sighed, "How much is bail?"

"Don't worry about it. The idiot that arrested her didn't read her her Miranda rights. She's free to go."

"Thanks Mitch."

We walked to Toni's cell as she stood up. Mitch opened the cell and she quickly walked out.

"Where's Cheyenne? Is she alright?" She asked.

"Our daughter was in the car when everything went down. Is she at the hospital or...?" I asked Mitch.

He shook his head, "There was no report of a child in the car, not even a car seat. Maybe she left her at home?"

"No I wouldn't do that. She was in the car. Maybe someone made a mistake, or took her into child protective services- I don't know, but you need to get off your ass and find her!" She yelled at him.

"Toni, let's go. We can check the hospital after we check your place." I said.

"But-"

"Now."

"Chad, I swear I didn't drink anything, and I swear Cheyenne was in the car with me. I don't remember much but I do remember that." She said as we walked out. I said nothing making her stop in her tracks, "You don't believe me?"

I sighed, "They found the alcohol in your system. You said yourself you were gonna have a glass of wine when you went home. Maybe you drank too much."

"I said that but I didn't do it! I went home and I put Cheyenne down for a nap then I took one of my own."

"I don't care, I just wanna find my daughter." I said getting in the car.

<<<<<>>>>>

Toni

After checking my empty house I insisted we go back to the hospital. I walked up to the lady at the front desk. "Hi, I was just here a few hours ago after a car accident."

"Oh yes, the drunk one, I remember." She said.

"I wasn't- Whatever. Was there a baby that came in here with me?"

"No ma'am. You were alone."

I sighed in defeat, "Thanks." I said.

I sat in a chair nearby and rubbed my head as I started to cry.

Chad sat next to me,"Toni, you have to be calm. We'll find her."

"What if we don't? I got into an accident and now she's missing and I can't remember a thing. I know you don't believe me but I swear I didn't have any alcohol. I would never do that knowing that my baby was in the car with me."

"Okay, I believe you. Can you tell me anything you remember? Did you make a stop? Was someone following you? Anything?"

"No, I remember putting Cheyenne in the car and then I got in, I started driving...there was a car..." I trailed off as the fuzzy memory began to leave.

"A car? In front of you or behind you?"

"I think in front..."

"What did it look like?"

"I...I don't remember." I cried.

"Hey its okay. Let's just go talk to the police and they can help us." He said.

We did just that and went back to the police station. "We'd like to file a missing person's report."