"I've missed you Clar," Steve said, his voice only above a whisper to not disturb the others. Clara pleaded for him not to do this right here, right now for the simple fact that she wasn't ready. She had moved on with her life and wasn't ready to fall back into the same heartbreak she felt before. Clara didn't answer him, she only made the mistake of meeting his stare. "Are you going to talk to me?" He asked.

"What do you want me to say?" She asked, her eyes falling as she looked him in the eye. "What could I possibly have to say to you Steve?" She questioned. Steve shifted in his seat and leaned back as if he was ready to listen to her. Clara looked around the ship, unable to meet his eyes. "I was angry with you. With everything that happened. I was forced to make a new life and I did. I started one away from the Avengers. And I had to do it alone." Her friends were fugitives. Her brother was engaged to be married. Bruce and Thor were off world. She had to live a life without those who made her life worth living.

Steve sighed and dropped his head. "You didn't have to do it alone."

Clara let out a sarcastic laugh at his words. "I didn't have to do it alone? Really? What choice did I have?" She began to recall the events that took place two years ago. "You almost killed my brother. You betrayed my trust. You betrayed me." Steve knew she was right, though he wanted to protest. "I understand why you did what you did. But just because I understand it doesn't mean that I agree with it."

Steve's head hung low still, as he tried to find the words to say. "I know what I did...I know how I hurt you...and I don't expect you to forgive me," Steve got out of his seat and kneeled in front of her. "but what we're about to face, what's about to happen..." he paused as his eyes grew wider with fear. "I need you to know that I never meant to hurt you or Tony. I never wanted to be the reason for your pain." Clara watched as the man who was so strong and heroic became weak as he pleaded for her forgiveness. The jet landed and their conversation was coming towards an end.

"I know you never meant to hurt us," Clara stated. She watched as Vision tried to stand, but fell into Wanda's arms. "This isn't something we can discuss now. We have to get Vision somewhere safe." Clara sighed as she got up, Steve closely behind, and helped usher Vision off the jet. They slowly and carefully got Vision off the jet and were met by the king of Wakanda. Clara chuckled softly as Rhodey teased Bruce and T'Challa laughed.

"So how big of an assault should we expect?"

"Sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault." Bruce answered, quickly following behind.

"How are we looking?" Clara asked the King, who sent her warm smile as a greeting.

"You will have my Kingsguard." T'Challa began. "The Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje. And..."

"A semi-stable 100-year old man." A voice spoke as they quickly joined in to their conversation. Bucky emerged from the gathering soldiers, looking different than the last time Clara saw him. He looked...more alive. More human.

"How have you been, Buck?" Steve asked as he hugged his old friend.

"Not bad, for the end of the world." Bucky smirked. He spotted Clara, not knowing exactly how the two would interact, but she sent him a hint of a smile and nodded her head as she walked by him. The team followed T'Challa into the lab where his sister would help Vision.

"The structure is polymorphic." Shuri observed as she used the Wakandan technology to observe Vision and the stone.

"Right. We had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Bruce explained.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Shuri smirked, making Clara raise her eyebrow at Bruce for an answer.

"Because...we didn't think of it?" Bruce answered.

"I'm sure you did your best." Shuri smiled.

"Can you do it?" Clara asked. "Remove the stone safely?"

"Yes, but there are more than 2 trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures. It will take time Miss Stark."

"How long?" Steve asked

"As long as you can give me." Shuri answered.

"Something's entered the atmosphere." T'Challa's guard, Okoye, said as she stood by the king's side. Clara gave Steve and uneasy look before looking back at the guard.

"Vision, get your ass back on the table." Natasha said and he started to get up.

"We will hold them off." Okoye said.

"Wanda, as soon as that stone's out of his head, you blow it to hell." Steve instructed.

"I will." Wanda said, nodding her head in understanding.

"Evacuate the city, engage all defenses..." T'Challa demanded as he left the room. He stopped abruptly in as he left before pointing at Steve. "And get this man a shield!"