Chapter 9: The Fire Race - Part 1

Hey guys, so here comes another chapter. This is after 2 weeks from Rayn's arrivel. Mirror is healthy and strong again and Rayn decided to stay in the village for a while. There are 5 days left until Snoggletog, everyone is excited except of Hiccup.

Rayn is trying to finish all the books from the village's library about Berk's history so she can learn their traditions. Now she is best friends with Astrid and is about to become part of the academy, repeating in secret her controling skills.

ENJOY MY BOOK, PANCAKES!

Rayn's POV

"You have a dragon academy!" she exclaimed excited as walking along with Astrid to the arena where once, conform the books, they were killing dragons.

"Were you even listening to me?" Astrid sighted as I was practicly running up the hill.

"Sorry, Astrid, tell me after this is over! I am too excited about it!"I giggled nad tried to tickle her, but she evaded.

"Don't even try, Rayn! I got my eyes on you!" she said laughing.

Than I stopped in the middle of the road, so she stopped too.

"What is it now?" she asked and rolled her eyes at me.

"Tell me again, why aren't we riding our dragons?" I asked her.

"Wellllllllll, Hiccup took Mirror and Stormfly, I don't know the motive but I'll beat him b=very bad for stealing my dragon, so we have to get their by foot.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I asked her mad.

"I told you! I think you were too busy talking about what horrible history we have and that we are lucky Hiccup changed everything!"

"Hmmmmmm...." I murmured.

Suddenly I let out Mirror's unique roar, that only I could make, calling her. I heared her screaming back and then Hiccup screaming.

"God, tell me he isn't doing what I think he is!" I said and started running at maximum speed up the way to the arena, with Astrid behind me.

What did he do this time?!

You don't wanna know! Shin growled in my mind.

You know?

Yes! You should hurry up before your dragon will get at her last level of annoyence and melts him so she can eat him....

WHAT?!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I entered the academy in a run and when I got there I paralised... then bursted into laugh. There were all my friends, trying to put a saddle on Mirror, like she was some normal tamed dragon!

"BAD DRAGON! STOP MOVING!" screamed Snotlout trying to grab her but she grabbed him and throw him on a wall. "AND HITTING!"

Astrid entered too, breathing hard and when she saw the show she started laughing like crazy too.

Hiccup jumped on her back, trying to put the saddle on.... bad mistake! She stopped for a second and starting making toxic fog spread from her mouth, her poisonoud tongue slicing the air as warning.

"LOOK OUT!" I screamed and pushed them out of my way, touching my dragon's nose to calm her down and drag her mist back.

"Hiccup, on Thor's Hammer, are you trying to kill yourself?" I asked him as he jumped off my dragon with a face that showed us he was giving up.

He came to me and almost fell when Mirror showed her fangs to him.

"I'm not! Something's wrong with your dragon! She's just as untrained as a wild dragon! She acts like you never put a saddle on her!" he said with a grimace on his face.

"I didn't! She is a wild dragon and she i more trained than any of your dragons, so shout your mouth! She doesn't need a saddle and so do I!" I answered him angry and petted my beautiful white dragon, who was now angry.

"Hey, we're here too, you know! The ones who almost died because Hiccup wanted to saddle your stupid dragon!" shouted Snotlout.

"Mirror is not stupid, you are!" I grinned at him.

"And Hiccup, I appreciate your efforts in helping me, but really, you didn't have to! "

"Wait ! Wait! Wait! I just remembered something! Your dragon isn't better than all of us, I bet not even half of it! She bitt us and scretched us and throw us in the walls and tried to kill us! If that isn't a wild dragon, my name isn't Snotlout!" he yelled again.

Shin growled in my mind and I almost growled at the same time with her at that idiot's harsh words adressed to my beautiful dragon. I felt the anger grow into me like a huge monster and Shin reacted instantly.

Let me take care of him, Rayn! How does he dare to insult your dragon like that! Let me out!

The idea tempted me and for a second even though about it, but I didn't want anyone to get hurt.

Don't worry, Shin, I'll revange in my own human ways!

Pffffff.... Call me when you will realise this won't take you anywhere! she said and faded in the backround again.

"So you say you can win a race or a battle against me anytime!" I said with a small smile on my face.

"Owwww, Snotlout will be beaten by a girl!" I heared Tuffnut laughing and then his sister punching him hard in his face.

"Rayn, really, I don't think is a good idea! It is not fair! Snotlout trained with us for years...." Hiccup said and let his eyes to his legs, evitating my gaze.

"So you insinuate I'm not as good as you just because I didn't train with you?" I asked him angry again.

Astrid groaned and punched him hard in his stomach, making him almost fall because of the pain.

"He didn't mean that, Rayn!" she said smiling at me apologitically. (is this a word...?).

"But he's right!" Snotlout exclaimed.

Astrid grimaced and kicked him at his balls, throwing him on his knees.

"No, he isn't!"

"I would wawnt to agree with Hiccup..." Tuffnut started.

"But I'm not sure if I want Astrid to punch me under the waist...." ended Ruffnut concentrated.

"No, it's ok Astrid! I don't need you prove anything for me!" I said.

"Really?" they all asked surprised and suspicious.

"Of course! I can prove myself by my own!" I ended a huge grin rising on my face. "Snotlout, ready for a race?"

"I preffere battles...even if I'm the fastest rider from here!" he said.

"Fine than! Make it a battle! And Hiccup, what about you? You ready for a race?" I asked coldly.

"Sure, it sounds like fun! But it isn't a competition... you are my sister!"

"So who's first?" I asked them grinning.

Astrid suddenly grabbed my arm tightly, making it ache, and whispered:

"Are you crazy? What do you think you're doing?"

"Showing you what I am capable of, Astrid! Now let me go!"

"You ready for it?" I laughed at them.

I know I'm ready... Shin giggled in my mind.