Tiny Stark

Tony's workshop was in blackout mode and Steve's access code wasn't working. He couldn't help his surprise. They had fought, yes, but it wasn't that horrible. A small argument that led to Tony leaning against Steve's front on his tippy toes and reaching for the blue coffee mug Steve held above his head. Steve enjoyed the brunet pressed up against his front more than he should have. He could picture Tony's determined brown eyes as he met Steve's playful gaze.

Then, he had to ruin it by letting "Tiny Stark" slip out. He was trying for nothing more than flirtatious teasing, but Tony had immediately shut down and scurried away without his thirteenth cup of coffee. Steve had been left leaning against the counter feeling cold and holding Tony's favourite mug.

He had known even then that he had gone too far. No matter what Steve said, Tony almost never backed down from an argument. Especially not with Steve. The two squabbled like an old married couple. Everyone knew it. There were certain topics and insults they avoided, such as parents and past girlfriends, but everything else was fair game.

Steve tried the master access code one more time hitting 1-9-4-5 in quick succession to no avail. An angry red flash and the accompanying beep kept him from gaining entry.

"I'm sorry Captain Rogers," Jarvis cut off Steve's third attempt to type in the passcode. He didn't even sound the least bit apologetic as he said, "Sir is currently working on a project and would like to be left alone."

There was a short pause before the AI continued, "I have been asked to inform you that by executive order your passcode, both override passcodes, your personal alpha passcode, and the master passcode have all been temporarily disabled."

Steve decided he could work with 'temporarily'. At least Tony hadn't completely deleted his password and fingerprints from the system. Steve rested his forehead against the cool glass letting out a warm exhale and watching the glass fog up. He could probably punch straight through it. He had done it before when the inevitable Pepperony break up occured and Tony had spent two weeks tinkering without coming up for a breather. Knowing Tony the glass was probably reinforced now. "Jarvis, please tell him I'm sorry."

"Your apology has been noted, Captain" the virtual butler clipped, "if there is nothing else you require, Sir would appreciate you joining the others in the common room upstairs for movie night."

Steve reluctantly headed down the hall and stepped into the elevator watching the doors of the workshop as the steel doors slid shut. Today was Tuesday so the others upstairs would be getting ready to watch a movie. It was Clint's turn to chose and as much as he always enjoyed the silly romantic comedies the archer picked, he could already feel himself missing Tony's quiet comments about the situations on scene and the accompanying innuendos.

Steve took his spot on the large couch, usually he and Tony shared it but without the smaller man to stretch out like a cat beside him he felt like the couch was suddenly too big and prepping to swallow him whole.

"Will Stark be joining us?" Natasha asked. The words came out with feigned disinterest as the redhead picked at her cuticles but Steve clocked the agitated worry in her voice. She had been sitting at the kitchen counter when Tony had rushed out on Steve.

"No, he's working on something of utmost importance in the workshop." Steve murmured miserably as the others took their seats around the large room. Steve brushed his blond hair out of his eyes as Clint searched for a funny action movie they would all enjoy.

It would just be the three of them. Bruce was doing philanthropic work in Europe and Thor was with Jane in New Mexico studying cosmic activity.

Before they could hit play the alarm sounded and they were all running to the quinjet to take care of the latest threat. As Natasha fired up the engine Steve spotted a streak of red and gold jet up from the base of the tower and high into the sky.. He sighed and watched Iron Man disappear on the horizon between a couple of buildings.