I looked at Kim and she was trembling in fear...

"Who kicked the ball towards me?!!!"  He shouted...

Kim and I didn’t say a word...

"WHO DID IT?!!!"  He asked again, more pissed.

And the two of us remained silent...

"For the last time,  I’ll count one to three and if no one among the two of you speak...  We’ll just beat the both of you up!!"  The big bully said.

"1...."

.

.

.

"2..."

.

.

.

The kids surrounding us started to stretch and ball their fists as if getting ready for a big fight..  Only, their enemies are two helpless kids namely, US.

.

.

"Thr..."  Kim didn’t let him finish the word thr

ee.

"I did it... So... So.. P-please do.. don’t hurt my best friend.."  Kim said, trying to be strong but failing miserably.

My eyes grew wide in surprise..  I know how much Kim hated being the target of the bullies.  I know how she feared getting beat up by them.. And the fact that she admitted the crime she never did.

I looked at her and she looked at me too.  She smiled at me innocently.  Her smile was so pure...

Then with in seconds, she fell to the ground due to the big bully and his minions pushing her.  And they started punching and kicking her..  I started crying..

I pushed them away from Kim..  I couldn’t say a word...  I couldn’t stop myself from crying..

"And you think we’re done with her?!!" -Bully

Two of his minions held me on my shoulder and tried pulling me away from Kim..

Kim held my hand and squeezed it tight..

And before I was pulled farther away from her, she mouthed, "Just close your eyes."  and smiled again.

I followed her order and just closed my eyes still crying..  As always,  I’m helpless..  I’m weak..  I’ll always be weak..

I can hear them land more punches and kicks..

Until..... "That’s enough guys..  Let’s go.. I’m hungry." -Bully

.

.

.

And the bully kids were gone..

I ran towards Kim and drop to my knees..

I held her hand tight.. Kim’s eyes were closed..

I tried shaking her hand but she didn’t open her eyes..

"Kim.. Please...  Wake up..."  I said, still crying..

But to no avail..

I covered my face with my palms and cried harder...

"Kim... I’m scared..Please wake up."  I said in almost a whisper.

.

.