Chapter 1: New Beginnings and Family's Love

Começar do início

"My poor niece" she said looking at me "well you better come in! You have to meet the family!" I went to grab my bags but she got to them first, bringing them into the house. "Annette" my aunt said, turning to the social worker. "Why don't you come in?" Annette smiled at my aunt "you know, I would if I didn't have another child to get to. Another time. I'll be back in a few weeks anyways."

My aunt smiled at her and nodded. I said goodbye to Annette and my aunt shut the door behind her.

"Kids!" my aunt called out "come down and introduce yourselves! Chloe's here!"

She grabbed my hand and walked me into the living room. I could hear footsteps running down the stairs. A little girl popped her head into the room. She didn't look at all like my aunt. She had golden blond hair and sparkling blue eyes and pale skin. She stood in the door frame and smiled at me.

"Shay" she said "where are your brothers?"

"Colton's in his room and Keeg's downstairs." She answered. He voice was a little high pitched. Typical for your girly eight year old.

"Can you call them?" she asked, and her daughter ran away. Then my aunt turned to me. "You must be hungry. I'll go fix something up for us."

"That's okay" I told her "I'm not hungry"

"Nonsense!" she smiled "you're practically skin and bones! I'll go make something." She looked at the stairs. "Those boys are never going to come down. I'm telling you, there addicted to the internet. You can go downstairs and see Keegan. He's the exact same age as you. Me and Lori gave birth two weeks-"she stopped talking. "Sorry. I shouldn't have brought her up"

"Its okay" I told her "she left a long time ago."

My aunt nodded "it's a shame" she said sadly "she was truly an amazing person."

I smiled at my aunt. She was the first family member to actually care for me. The only one who didn't seem to have anything wrong with her. She was a perfect mother to my cousins.

I heard little footsteps running down to see my younger cousin again. "Colton's not coming" she told her mother.

"He'll be down" my aunt said, chopping up vegetables "that boy is always hungry. Shay honey why don't you show Chloe to her room"

"Okay!" she piped and took my hand and led me up the stairs. "I'm Shaylene!" she told me. I smiled at her "Chloe" I told her. She continued running up the stairs. "I know" she yelled back. She skipped down the hallway and led me to the last room and opened the door. The room was a periwinkle colour, with white and purple sheets. There was a white desk and dresser and a carpet lay across the light brown wood floors.

"This use to be Keegs room." She explained to me "but when we found out you were moving in, mom moved Keeg to the basement and gave you his room. It even has a bathroom look!" she ran to the door and pulled it open, revealing a blue bathroom with matching blue accessories. "I picked the colour" she announced.I smiled at her. "It's a very pretty colour."

"The only problem is you share it with Colton" she said pointing to the door "but no need to worry. He's neater than Keegan that's for sure"

I smiled at my cousin who was smiling and talking up a storm like we've known each other forever.

"Come" she told me "I'm going to show you the entire house!"

She pulled me out of my room and back into the hallway, opening the door next to mine. "This is Colton's room!"

Colton had long thick brown hair that covered his eyes. He was sitting in front of the computer, staring at the screen. "Get out of my room Shay" he said calmly, and Shay obeyed, shutting his door.